I hate Ronco(Buyer BEWARE)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Star In N.C., Aug 16, 2004.

1. Star In N.C.

Star In N.C. Well-Known Member

this is what happened.
    I ordered the Knives (DO NOT DO IT..) I forgot I just spent too much on my daughters school clothes and supplies, when what to my wondering eyes should appear but a set of "great Knives" oh I had to have them was my cheer. Until the credit card said if you do, then you'll be blue.

Oh no thought I, so like a flash, I dialed straight back to say cancel the order the same day, But no one was in customer service till Monday.

I Called and the service person said I'll cancel it, and it won't cost you a dime. My hubby said did you get confirmation of what was said. why no :no: .

My hubby said to make sure that the order had not went through, so on the phone I waited for 25 minutes, when finally a voice on the line said, NO the order was not cancelled I asked quickly if he would be so kind to cancel the order FOR the second time he said sure with out a doubt he would send the cancel order straight out (10 of august).

On the 11th there appeared a charge for RONCO knives. I called straight away and told the lady that the order was cancelled on the 10th. She said it was a mistake not to worry, all things would be straightened out. I hung up without thinking that all was took care of.

NOPE Now today is the 16 of August the charge still appears. So I called back only to hear that the order was not cancelled and in fact it was shipping out today. I told this lady after 30 minutes on the phone of the last one I talked to and how she said it was done and not to fear. She told me, just refuse it. But on the web page it says they will charge my card for shipping ($18.57) even on a order refused. And if I read it right they can keep my money and the knives.

So I have this warning: do not order from them unless you really really want it, for they will not cancel the order no matter the reason not even if you cancel 10 minutes after the fact, for you said ok, so your doomed, you'll get knives (maybe) you don't want and an order on your card you do not need.

Star

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

Star -
    write a letter of dispute to the credit card company - immediately. Tell them in a businesslike manner about this, and tell them you do not want the items.

Then refuse delivery. If deilvered by mail, returned - with a receipt requsested.

I hate returns, I buy for our company, and use a company credit card, and from time to time, I have to do this to get something off (or uncharged).

Good luck - AngieM2

3. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

I did get the knives from them, and I have to say they are GREAT, I love them.

Of course, I didnt try to cancel the order...

4. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

You seem to be saying you don't like the company because they didn't cancel your order when you changed your mind.

And true enough, they jerked you around on that.

However, would it be fair to say, one should give such purchases more thought to begin with, and stand by their original order - or not order the product in the first place?

Seems to be both sides can share some blame on this one.

Just an observation, do not mean to be mean or anything.

We all need to be responsible for ourselves, in the end.

--->Paul

5. JWH123

JWH123 Well-Known Member

You have a style of writing different from most of what I read. It is somewhat difficult for me to read. Is English your primary language?

If you write to the company or to your credit card company, please have someone else check your writing.

Sorry to nitpick on your personal style, It's just that I've tried to read what you've written three different times, and still have a hard time reading.

Good luck,
    John

6. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

Star CALM down. Take a deep breath.....Deeper... :haha: deeper :haha:

Now Tell us about it in a normal non-Seus writing form. :haha: :p :haha: :p :haha:

Your Scaring JWH123 with your mad rant.

It'll all work out. RONCO ain't all bad I like the PocketFisherman.

Now admit it to all of us YOU really did want them knives didn't ya????? :D

Kenneth in NC

7. Star In N.C.

Do they work as good as on TV? And do they really stay that sharp?
    Did you get the 25 pc set?

Star

8. JWH123

JWH123 Well-Known Member

You know, I felt bad after I posted that because I say some of your other posts Star, and I guess you must have been really flustered when you wrote your first post above.

Y'know Ken, I thought of Mr. Seuss when I was reading that myself, but didn't want to insult Ms. Star.

Seriously, I hope you get satisfaction with your purchase (or non-purchase, whatever the case ends up being!)
    John

9. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Is this the same set of knives on that HILARIOUS informercial? It was a Ronco set. I set there and watched that and laughed my behind off. They started off like you were buying one knife - BUT WAIT! and the guy would come up and add another knife FOR FREE!! and the first guy would say he was just crazy to add this knife for free and the crowd would cheer. It ended up being a whole mounstrous knife set. :haha: Just a half an hour of adding new knives, and I was dumb enough to watch it, but it was comedy.

10. I bought that set :) $58 bucks give or take a few pennies. Hey that's only $2.35 per knife and you get a really neat herb stuffer that actually works. But do take care it's not that strong and I fear that mine will break if I let DH use it.

My only gripe is that if Ronco sells them individually why didn't they come individually wrapped? If they had I could have gave some as presents.

=====>Jean at work

11. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey, I'd like to have one of those herbal stuffers too!

Actually, DH and I laugh our way through that commercial. We keep saying "BUT WAIT!" at each other every few minutes. :haha:

BTW, I read through Star's post three times before I understood what was being said.

12. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

13. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

Yes, I got the 25 piece set, and YES they stay sharp :eek: They are great, the cleaver is very heavy, much more so than ones Ive seen in the store. Im very happy with them. :)

14. Star In N.C.

Hi,
    John, I did not get offended I was just ticked off. I guess I should have said that on the 16th of August that it was still in the warehouse and they still would not cancel. I figure the money back guarantee is fake too.

mightybooboo & southerngurl, I thought it was funny too. And I still ordered :eek:

Ardie/WI, I wanted the herbal stuffer more than I wanted the knives. :haha:

I guess since they are going to send them anyway :eek: I will end up keeping them because my DH said it was an early Christmas present. :p

15. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

I have utilized the money back gurantee once and cancelled an order once with no troubles.

16. mvfarms91

mvfarms91 Well-Known Member

Ok, for everyone that had trouble reading her post you need to go back and read it in a sing-songing voice and it will work out just fine. I did that the whole way through before I realized what I was doing and I had no probs.

:)

Susie

17. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

It's those dang corny commercials that turn me off to stuff.

My mom went into a furniture store to ask about a bunk bed. This guy is like "We're running a promotion to see if we can sell more than our other store in Springfield!" (Springfield VS Mountain Home?!). Mom's like uhuh, I'm wanting a wooden bunk bed. So he shows mom one, and this guy pops out of a room and the first guy all cheesy like is saying: Hey, Hank, you think we could give this lady 20% off? And they other guy is like (Thinking hard)" I - I think we could John!", as though he had some type of revelation. :haha: She said it was just like on commercials only they were right in front of her, corn-balling it up. She left, having regretted entering the place.

For a while some of the channels were out in our satelite. They would pop up with little messages telling you what was going on with it somtimes. There was one that was telling that the kids channels were back and working, and thank you for your patience, ect. This little boy we are babysitting goes "Call now!", right after it went off. :haha:

18. edjewcollins

edjewcollins Well-Known Member

Star In N.C.:this is what happened.
    I ordered the Knives (DO NOT DO IT..) I forgot I just spent too much on my daughters school clothes and supplies, when what to my wondering eyes should appear but a set of "great Knives" oh I had to have them was my cheer. Until the credit card said if you do, then you'll be blue.

Ed: I agree about protesting the charge with you credit card. I always use an AMEX for such purchases because they are excellant @ handling disputes.

As for whoever it was that asked if english is your primary language I ask is it theirs? Everyone who learned english as their primary at schools in this country learned it with nursery rhymes and songs and would recognize those meters in her post. I thought it was very creative.

As to the post by Rambler I ask: have you ever returned anything because you changed your mind? That is the nature of retail sales in this country. Also the product came with a money back gaurentee so it could be returned regardless. If any blame is to be placed it is with ronco for employing a bunch of liars.

Ed

19. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Please, please do tell, what is an Herb Stuffer? I am picturing a hairy cranky man that done you wrong and you are exacting revenge.....

I am at a loss as we don't get but the two and occ. 4 channels that come free on the airwaves and they don't run this ad.

20. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh BCR, I should not have read that about a hairy man named Herb! I almost wet myself! :haha: :haha: