Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And guys you can still find it for $40.00 I did.

I went to a gas station that is in WMs lot. I gave a gal a $100 . I got $61. She counted out 2 bills at/behind the cash register, saying 20, 10. Then she got in front of me while counting out the ones. I folded it with the supposed 20/10 inside and put it all in my pocket. When I got home, I found I had 5 $1.00 bills.

Sitting here figuring it, I should have had either a 20/10/5 and 4 ones, or a 20/10, and 9 ones. Either way, it was rough, I hurt, and feel used and abused.

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Calling the station will be useless. A crooked clerk is hard to prove and they know it. They can spot a person that will not pay attention to what they are returning. Pay attention! I imagine FBB was distracted by her.

·
Poo Fairy
6,495 Posts
Yeah...you got screwed.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Starjj: We may not get Bill's money back, but Murphy will know they have a crooked clerk. Employers cannot stand having crooks in their employ.

And yes, Men are generally easy to distract when a woman moves in certain ways.

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Starjj: We may not get Bill's money back, but Murphy will know they have a crooked clerk. Employers cannot stand having crooks in their employ.

And yes, Men are generally easy to distract when a woman moves in certain ways.

The trouble is you can't prove anything and you can't accuse someone unless you can prove it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well this sucks I read I had sex today and was ready to ask you what's his name. Turns out you got got. sorry to hear that. You should defiantly call up there and talk to a manager. If you don't get satisfaction may be the bbb.

·
Premium Member
25,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I don't have the number here at home. I figured that she just pocketed the money since I didn't have my fingerprints on it. I don't know her name or anything. NOW< I cant even tell what time in the afternoon I was there. Ill go back to town, and see what happens.

·
Renegade Gypsy Queen
2,126 Posts
I'm sorry for your plight FBB, people sure can be jerks....but I see you still have your humor!

Mossy, What you mean, Whats HIS name?? Just cause Okla legaled ssm yesterday, don't mean im ready or willing to jump onna band wagon lol

·
Renegade Gypsy Queen
2,126 Posts
I become a word I cannot say here any place they are handling my money and I suddenly cannot see it. Groceries, gas stations...banks...you name it. I call them out on that right away. I actually had to do it a few weeks ago at a new to me bank here..I had brought in a fair amount of cash to open an account and the teller moved slightly as she was counting the money I had laid on the counter and it was hidden behind her computer screen as she counted aloud.

They move quickly and have a special look on their face when you have a loud voice and say, "Why are you moving my money where I can't see you count it?" :)

I don't care how many people are in line...if anyone counting money or counting back change does something "odd"..I hold the whole place up while we straighten it out right there.

Obviously I've had my own experiences with slight of hand people in the past LOL *scarred forever!*

I do the same thing at drive up windows if I am near one or restaurants with cash or a debit card. I figure if they are intending on ripping me off, I've caught them and if it was an honest thing, I'm reminding them that people like to see everything in the open until the transaction is complete...for honest people (I hope) it helps them also ward off CUSTOMERS that try to swindle too...being in the service industry, especially in restaurants, that happens as well.

·
Premium Member
25,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no receipt. U got the right idea WN. Im going to be way more careful when dealing with women handling my money. lol As to humor. She mighta got my money, but I still got my clothes dangit lol.

·
Renegade Gypsy Queen
2,126 Posts
no receipt. U got the right idea WN. Im going to be way more careful when dealing with women handling my money. lol As to humor. She mighta got my money, but I still got my clothes dangit lol.
Sounds suspiciously like regret, Bill ;)

·
Premium Member
25,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
course its regret. IF I had lost my money AND My clothes, I coulda spun a story that would made much more a u to think that my op line wuz true lol.

·
Super Moderator
13,690 Posts
Sorry to hear you got shortchanged.
A shortchange on a Jackson is what broke me of carrying anything larger than a Jackson in my pocket collection of dead president pictures and I try to keep my pocket at no heavier than nine portraits and pay with denominations that ensure any change I get back is coinage.

If it were a small independent station you could give them free advertising as I did the clerk who did a switch of my $20 to a $5 for a $3 purchase shorting me for $15.

It took me six weeks of letting folks I knew how the owner had shorted me but eventually a few others let folks know they were shorted also and the station lost enough business that it closed down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts