Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blame it on the heat OR aging Or whatever!

Roger and I were preparing lunch. I was cleaning and cutting lettuce leaves for our hot chicken sandwiches. I mentioned that this was all the lettuce we had because I forgot to buy some on the weekend. I carefully wrapped it to put it back in the refrigerator.

Well guess where I put it! Later, I found it in the freezer! Oh duh! :doh: :doh:

We all know what freezing does to lettuce! To the compost pail it went!

Some days.......

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had a similar day last week. I poured orange juice on my DH's cereal instead of milk.
Then I went to Pier One and browsed around for about 25 minutes, bought some candles and after I checked out, I couldn't find my car keys. I went to the car and it was still running. :flame:

I felt awful. I have worried for a week that I am losing my mind!!!!

Hopefully it was just a momentary lapse.
Sorry you froze your lettuce!!

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Sometimes looking for the bright side isn't easy....best I could come up with for you ladies is that atleast Ardie didn't put her and Roger's lunch in the freezer. I'm sure if you couldn't find the sandwichs the last place you would have thought to look would be the freezer. And rockinl, atleast you didn't lock the car - and thankfully someone else did not drive off in it :)

Senior moments - full of surprises.

Hugs,
Marlene

P.S. rockinl - forgive my just assuming it was a senior moment. I know Ardie and I are close in age.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
rockinl said:
I had a similar day last week. I poured orange juice on my DH's cereal instead of milk.
Then I went to Pier One and browsed around for about 25 minutes, bought some candles and after I checked out, I couldn't find my car keys. I went to the car and it was still running. :flame:

I felt awful. I have worried for a week that I am losing my mind!!!!

Hopefully it was just a momentary lapse.
Sorry you froze your lettuce!!
I did that once, :doh: even commented to the passenger that the guy next to me left their car running. Well, EIGHT hours later after we were done working figured out it was my truck that had been running all day long in a crowded parking lot at the horse expo. Surprised it was still there. Upside is that it was below freezing in February and the truck was warm.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I did this when I was much younger. I had a pound of burger in my car. Stopped at the little store where a bunch of guys were hanging out. Came home. Went to fix dinner...no hamburger. I searched my car. I searched the fridge. I finally decided that it was stolen at the little store. The next day I went to get my shoes from the closet and there it was tucked up against the wall...ewwww! lol I blamed those poor guys for nothing!

Suzi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts