Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my kids are on my VERY last nerve! They won't leave anything of mine alone. I bought some new makeup and left it in the bathroom in my makeup bag. I know it was there last night and today its gone. Oldest dd is at the beach with friends so this time she's off the hook.......I took same makeup from her before she left. Called 16yo at work..."oh no I haven't seen it". that leaves the 10yo and 8yo and they swear they haven't touched it. Now someone unzipped the bag and took only that. If it was the boys getting into stuff they would've taken it all. So tomorrow when they're all here I'm getting them together and someone is either giving my makeup back or they can all go in together and buy me some more. Its not like I buy expensive stuff or lots of it either. this honestly is the first makeup I've bought in over 2 years. but when I want to wear it I like to be able to! Both the teenagers work and can buy what they want...and do. so why can't they leave my little once a year/2years tube alone?
then I'm installing video cameras in the house to catch the thief!

·
23,497 Posts
Personally I have desk problems. Before I had kids I had everything in my desk; tape, scissors, stapler, paper clips, white-out,little pads of cute paper, stuff like that. Now the tape will be empty, scissors gone, white-out dried out because the cap is not on tight, paper clips all strung together necklace style (it isn't easy to undo those either!) and well, this is kind of sweet, little notes all over my desk on my cute paper. <sigh> Someday I will have an organized desk again with working ink pens and sharpened pencils. I can see it now...

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
That bites. My kids are similar, though not quite as bad -- they have this sense of entitlement, whatever is mine must be theirs too.

Y'all know I sell Avon. Well, my order came today. I'd ordered one single eye shadow for myself. DD (11) opened it and announced "ooh, that's a pretty color." Hm...it was not the color I ordered. "Great," she said. "Then I can have it!" And before I could tell her no, she started sorting through the little lip glosses I'd bought for customer gifts, taking caps off, smelling them...mmm, passionfruit! mango! pineapple! peach! :D I finally gave in and let her have the eye shadow (a very pale shimmery pink/cream) and a passionfruit lip gloss and told her to leave the rest of my stuff alone! Kids!

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wait you mean you have ink pens at all??? All I have is pieces of crayon. Try writing notes with those! I gave up on whiteout and tape long ago.

·
Turkey Wrangler
5,193 Posts
I had my witchy little step-dd 19 stay over a couple of nights last week (my gs who I have custody mom) she took my hair-brush!
I have my brush there in the bathroom every day, it has metal teeth and is the only thing that can get through my hair, the plastic/rubber ones just bend, I was so mad I gave her holy heck, I don't think she will ever take my brush again.

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
ginnie5 said:
ok my kids are on my VERY last nerve! They won't leave anything of mine alone.
Oh ginnie5, you reminded me of my mom. We got more spankings as kids for touching her hairbrush, the 'good' scissors, the stapler, etc. We were four girls and must have driven her batty using her hairspray, etc.

She'd say, "I swear, if I was using dog poop on my hair, you'd all have to try that too!"

I remember thinking it must be a huge trial to have us as kids. And now that I'm an adult and can't have kids I can't imagine why she didn't just enjoy us instead spending so much time worrying about 'things'.

I'm not reprimanding you, just reminding you that what seems like a trial to you might very well be a blessing to someone else.

(Oh, but I'd draw the line on sharing the toothbrush!)

Halo

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
Hill Crest Farm said:
I had my witchy little step-dd 19 stay over a couple of nights last week (my gs who I have custody mom) she took my hair-brush!
I have my brush there in the bathroom every day, it has metal teeth and is the only thing that can get through my hair, the plastic/rubber ones just bend, I was so mad I gave her holy heck, I don't think she will ever take my brush again.
You, my friend, have the right idea! It's called respect! My kids knew better than to take my things.

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
:D :D I have boys :D :D

I have boys who know better than to touch something of Mum's -- because it's more than their life is worth. Basically, that means the contents of "my" shelf in the bathroom (they don't go there anyhow, they get freaked out by the "mummy products" :) ) and my chocolate.

I could handle them poking around in my toiletries... but take my chocolate and the maternal instinct is *GONE* and they know they'd better run fast :D

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
He, he, he – so glad those days are past.

Two daughters at homes and nothing was off limits – clothes, bras, makeup – you name it. What ticks me off is that they don’t ask to use the stuff; then when you go to use it and it is gone, that gets you angry.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Our Son, living at home, and 19, takes H's socks and razor blades. To ward off the impending outcry I buy an extra package at Costalot every once in a while and tuck it back into H drawer. lol

These days will end soon enough. Then we will miss him and always have the stuff but not the son.

·
Turkey Wrangler
5,193 Posts
QuiltingLady2 said:
Our Son, living at home, and 19, takes H's socks and razor blades. To ward off the impending outcry I buy an extra package at Costalot every once in a while and tuck it back into H drawer. lol

These days will end soon enough. Then we will miss him and always have the stuff but not the son.
That was a really nice way to look at a aggravating situation, thanks for the breath of fresh air!

·
Administrator
19,222 Posts
HaloHead, I have to disagree with you. If a child takes something that isn't their own, it is still stealing, even if it does belong to mom. I'm all for enjoying kids and enjoyed mine very much but it was my job to prepare them for that time when they move away from home and sometimes that means being the cranky rule person.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I can understand. The kids here make me crazy. They take everything that isn't nailed down including my underware. I got perfume for Christmas and didn't even get a chance to use it, My hair straightner ends up at friends houses, I haven't seen my sewing machine in 2 years, my clothing disappears for months at a time, but the thing that really caused me to blow was that they took my underware and threw it away when it didn't fit them. What equally infuriates me is that I am somehow wrong for getting angry. These are not my kids and the SO won't say a word except to get upset with me for picking on the kids.

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
LvDemWings said:
I can understand. The kids here make me crazy. They take everything that isn't nailed down including my underware. I got perfume for Christmas and didn't even get a chance to use it, My hair straightner ends up at friends houses, I haven't seen my sewing machine in 2 years, my clothing disappears for months at a time, but the thing that really caused me to blow was that they took my underware and threw it away when it didn't fit them. What equally infuriates me is that I am somehow wrong for getting angry. These are not my kids and the SO won't say a word except to get upset with me for picking on the kids.
:eek:

·
Turkey Wrangler
5,193 Posts
LvDemWings said:
So sorry to hear it.... SO's kids huh?
A friend of dh's just got custody of his kids and got them to come back from California, the kids don't like his girlfriend, they actually cut the crotches and breasts (nip holes) from all of her clothing, her jeans and everything, he is siding with the kids saying gf is being to hard on the little angels, poor girl...... Don't know why I'm telling you this, but I guess it could be worse? Put your foot down, and hard, I have been dealing with steps for 11 years, they respect me pretty much (except dd who doesn't live here)
SO needs to stand with you girl.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sorry to hear LvDemWings, hope you are looking for/finding ways to change this big problem between you all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So I guess that I am not the only one who "loses" things?! :)

Both of my DD's are gone now, and DS is hardly home, but I swear that I could have written some of the above statements over the years! LOL!!!

It seems that "Mom's Stuff" is everyones stuff!!!

·
Premium Member
4,278 Posts
My dd took all my makeup, and it was pricey (Mary Kay). I finally gave up and quit wearing makeup til she was grown up and out of the house. Bottom line was, I had to choose my battles.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts