I got more babies, I got more babies!!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by birdie_poo, May 6, 2005.

1. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

I bread a mixed doe (NZ & Flemmish) to a Flemmish buck. She had 6 babies. She never put the bermuda in the nest box, but made a divet in it, that she filled up with har and put the abies there. I put the bermuda in the box, made my own diviet and put the kits and hair in the box, and removed the excess bermuda.

I don't know why it amazes me, but I always wonder, where does all that hair come from? I know they pull it, but it always seems to look like more hair than the rabbir originally had!

2. qtkitty

qtkitty Well-Known Member

*LOL* .. Daisy dot pulls her belly bare ... and pulls a little from her sides, but not nearly bare ... i think it is just that when the fur gets fluffed out it looks bigger then being packed in folicles on the rabbit .. KWIM

3. Caelma

Caelma Well-Known Member

How about some pics Birdie

4. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

You would think all the animal baby activity and quilting I am doing, I would get my camera in working order, wouldn't you?

I need to get a battery for it.

I have plans to take pictures of the two littlers of Flemmsih. Two sisters with the same buck produced completely different littlers...one had 4 brown 1 black, the other had 4 black 1 brown.

I'll take pictures of the two new kits I picked up from the people who gave me the last doe.

And I will take photos of this newest litter, the last for a while, and of my brooders with their babies.

5. Tucker

Tucker Well-Known Member

=========

LOL Hi Birdie ,, Yep sometimes I have does pull fur for days afterwards :) and the cage has fur everywhere and I'm looking for where it came off the doe :haha:

If its a lot .. if you haven't done so already ( and anybody 'new' to raising rabbits ) get a small plastic bag (I have a small plastic mesh feedsack I use) and start keeping any extra fur ,,

you can take 'extra' all during the warm / hot weather and keep back for emergencies when does don't pull or for when does don't pull enough in the cold of winter ,, or when you have to clean out a nest and its still cold enough the kits still need fur and what was in the nest is dirty ,,,