I got EARWIGS.....BAD!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Kee Wan, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Kee Wan

Kee Wan Well-Known Member

Last year I saw some - and they went "away" didn't see many at all.....now, this year, I am finding them EVERYWHERE.....in the garden - in teh birdseed (keps in a well-sealed 5-gal pail, against mice) in teh bathroom, in teh basement, in the shower, everytime I touch something outside, earwigs come hustling out..... :Bawling:

I smash or vacuum (or sweep or somesuch) a dozen out fo the house everyday. My rhubarb looks like swiss cheese - and only bu teh grace of god is my raised bed not been totaly demolished. (perhaps because of the Diatec V that I used for the flea beetles).

What (if anything) cna I do about these creatures that are invading my home.....I live with a terribly chemically sensitive parent - and small children, soe clalign the Orkin man (which is where I really am at) is not really a viable option.

Anyone???? :shrug:

2. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

The Spring was so wet this year, those blasted bugs are everywhere!

One web site sells a product that's a mix of Pyrethrins (African Daisy extract), Diatomaceous Earth (silicon dioxide), Piperonyl Butoxide (synthetic sassafras oil). If you have access to any of those, they'd probably work okay.

There's an interesting article on this site (they're selling their own stuff, too, so take those parts with a grain of salt):
    http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page585.html#593

Good luck! I know those bugs are disgusting and they just plain give me the heebie-jeebies!

Pony!

3. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

The Diatec V will most likely work on the earwigs. It's Pyrethiens and DE. I would just start treating the areas that yyou find them in with a dust mizer

Nikki