Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am spending the night in Little Rock so that I can make a DR appointment tomorrow. I looked out the hotel room window and 8 police cars came up and blocked the street at 4 PM. There were 4 buses that roiled up a little later and unloaded their people. Many of them in wheelchairs. They were protesting being in a nursing home and many of them got arrested. The Little Rock police were not equipped to take them to jail for processing and many of them were staying here so they transformed the lobby to do that. I tried to outside to get something to eat but the lobby was so crowded that I couldn't get out. Now a fire truck and ambulance came to take care of somebody. It will not be a restful night.

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have settled down now. I have a appointment at 7 AM. I just hope they are tired and need some sleep.

·
de oppresso liber
16,876 Posts
Interesting question. If you found out what group and got the arrest records could you sue the group and individuals for 'mental anguish' and the like for disturbing you?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
did the police shot any one in a wheelcair?

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with them on living at home. Many of them could with no problem. The only thing is that when you get a hotel room you should not be invaded by anyone. Oh by the way the VA payed for my room. And no body got shot. The police were very cautious and treated them with respect. I do not know how they got to the protest but they did everything to get them back in one piece.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts