I got a new rabbit!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by SmokedCow, Feb 21, 2005.

1. SmokedCow

SmokedCow Well-Known Member

HELLO! WELL....today i'm back in the rabbit raising! its been about a year or two.. Hes a Mini Lop Buck...hes just a pet tho...hes litter box trained! Wow...i got him from my g/f aunts co-worker. Hes a nice buck...I might get him some girls this spring...but im not sure yet!
    AJ

2. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

We used to have a litter box trained rabbit when we still lived in town, he was a big old French Lop, until the day my boys decided to see how much water the (brand new on the market) absorbent cat litter would suck up. Answer, more than mom could carry. So bunny went to be someone else's pet. Boy were they ornery little buggers.

3. Stickywitch

Stickywitch Well-Known Member

Who???
    The rabbits? or...Your boys?
    :p

4. SmokedCow

SmokedCow Well-Known Member

haha! No KIDding! :haha: Hes doing great...a lil under weight tho...How can i up his weight?
    AJ

5. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

Oh you know its my boys who are onery :yeeha:
    Bye the way bunnies think bird seed is candy, we used to give a tsp to ours every day or so he was Nuts over it.

6. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

I give my show buns about 1-2 tsp./day of sunflower seeds before a show to improve the coat, but if you feed too much of this stuff too long, it'll make them FAT. Other folks have used Calf Manna (high protein supplement) with some success.