I got a great connection today!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Jillis, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

I am soooo encouraged! We have an Alpaca Farm right down the hill from us. I met him at the Barton Fair and we wave and so forth...
    He was kind enough to let us bring a group of homeschoolers for a field trip to his farm. I personally left with a lot of good connections for our area that will help me in my prospective dairy goat farm.
    First, he hooked me up with a very good, inexpensive source of really nice hay. Then he hooked me up with a lady a few towns over who has a very lrage dairy goat operation---I called her up and she is very willing to have us come and learn how to get set up, started, and run a dairy goat operation in our area. Then, he asked me if I would be willing to sell him colostrum and goat milk for when they have a baby alpaca that has some trouble--he was really happy because I am right up the hill from him.
    He also told me that if I ever ran short of hay and couldn't get some when I needed to help myself to a bale from his barn and replace it when I got more!
    I had told him that I didn't have very much storage for hay yet. He also saif that if his hay supplier didn't want to sell me only five bales at a shot, that I could store up to 20 bales in his barn! What a neighbor!
    Then he asked if I would be willing to care for his animals when they went to shows and out-of-state---for $25.00 a day! I don't think I would really charge him like that, but what a nice offer! The alpacas (and one guard llama) are really east to take care of. They eat about a handful of grain once or twice a day; also, they are very gentle. They all poop in one spot! I wish goats did that!
    So I am feeling very blessed, encouraged, and excited!
    Thanks for listening!
    Blessings, Jillis!

2. Teacupliz

Teacupliz Well-Known Member

I pay $20 a day for my farm help when we go on vacation or to shows. Take is it is hard work.
    Liz

3. Rachel K.

Rachel K. Well-Known Member

Sounds like a really great neighbor!

4. Shazza

Shazza Well-Known Member Supporter

:)) Everyone needs a neighbor like that...or one down the road....well done!!