Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know my Hubby has heart problems. He has been doing well and doing most anything he wants to do. He has a bad habit of doing in the heat of the day. Today was no exception. He really overdoes it and gets tired and hot.

Today when the mother came to pick up her little girls, hubby was working on some of the repair on our flooring. When she came in he went out the back door. After she left, it was raining and hubby had not come back in so I went to check on him. I went all over our place calling his name and could not find him. I got pretty scared. I looked under the house to see if he was under there working or if something had happened to him while working on the flooring.

I called until I was almost hoarse. I came in to get the phone to call my Mom to see if just maybe he had walked down there without saying anything to me. And if he wasn't down there I was going to ask my SF to come help me look. While I was dialing the door opened and there stood hubby. I was so scared that my asthma had gotten all messed up and I could hardly breathe.

Now get ready to laugh...He was in the shower the whole time I was calling him and running all over the three acres looking for him. I could have beat him to death...not really...I didn't know he came back in while I was on the porch talking with the girls' mother.

I don't usually get so upset but he has really pushed himself and has had to come in several times to rest, cool off and catch his breath. I probably over reacted but I was really scared.

southrngardngal-Jan

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Yea my DW gets on me for doing that.I told her if she wants to find me around here take my Dog out and he will find me.

big rockpile

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
I fully understand and empathize with your over-reaction. Glad he was OK!

One annoying thing about the place we live now is how big it is -- I mean, BIG is a good thing, but it's hard to find people! Used to be if we wanted somebody we could just yell out and could hear each other anyplace in the house, or shout out a window if they were outside. But finding DH at times takes a search mission -- maddening, sometimes, since he might go from one area to another while I'm searching a third...say, he's in the front yard and I think he's up in the barn, and by the time I get to look in front of the house he's back in the kitchen getting a drink... (sigh)

We've taken to using our cell phones to call each other AT HOME. :) And we only have half the land you do!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts