I found some saanens!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by allenslabs, Sep 11, 2005.

1. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

I was finally able to locate some saanens that I could actually afford. They are yearlings and registered and so sweet. I was able to bring them home yesterday and milk em! No fuss just jumped right up there on the stand. I only milk once a day but when I walked in to water and feed this am one of them named Popcorn just jumped right up on the stand and put her head in like ok lets go. Of course it wasn't time and I pet her and told her good girl but you silly goat we only do this once a day! HAHA!
    So now it's 3 saanens, 4 alpines and 1 nubian. Nice little herd!

2. Milk n' Honey

Milk n' Honey Well-Known Member

Where did you find em' at? I love the Sannens. I have one but she is an old gal. I'd love to breed her to a Sannen buck but they are hard to find!! I live in Indiana too.

3. dscott7972

dscott7972 Well-Known Member

What area of IN? I would like a Saanan also.

4. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

I got mine from Mary Lou Shepperd. She is keeping them at a friends house. I'm not sure what all she has for sale now. Just pm me for her email address. I also know a lady who has a saanen doe for sale who is 2-3 years old and was just put in with a boer buck. She lives in jackson county (brownstown) and was asking $75. Not in milk now though. THen there's another lady who has doelings. So just pm me if you are really interested in some! Thanks!

5. Milk n' Honey

Milk n' Honey Well-Known Member

I am about 40 minutes west of Indianapolis. I went ahead and bred my Sannen to my Boer buck so here's hoping. I actually wanted to breed to a Sannen but it isn't very easy to take the does elsewhere and since I mainly bought them for the milk, I bred them to the paint boer buck I already have and then I'll be selling him off. He is really pretty but I don't need to keep a buck all the time. Know anyone who is interested in him? He is only about 7-8 months old. It is nice to know that there are Sannens out there close. I will want another one someday. My Sannen that I have now is a sweetheart and so calm. I love them all. What personlalities they all have. They are the best animals I've been around. Take care!!