I found a lost cheeseburger

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Nov 30, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    It was hiding on my vans dashboard, well behind the other 1,410 items that seem to accumulate there. I grabbed it to feed to the fish and turtles located at 'The Cascades' office complex in Ocala, Florida. This is where the VA's outpatient clinic is located, my venture yesterday. The Cascades is a 2 story facility with a waterfall center equipped with a pond and footbridge. Small fish and turtles rule the water areas.

The cheeseburger was a leftover from my last venture to Cocoa, Fl to retrieve our stuff. Its age was at least 3 weeks, maybe much more hiding in the McBag. The 'bread' was as solid as a rock, the 'meat' was shrunk down to tiny sausage patty size, the 'cheese' was looking like a kinder garden flower drying project, it all was adhered as if super glue was being tested.

If the bread was real, would it not have molded? If the meat was real would it not started to rot? When did cheese dry out to look like plastic flowers before?

I put it in a trash bin, sorry fish and turtles, your on your own.

2. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

Ewwwww.....I have found old things in my fridge that were not recognizable...I swear I heard some of them call out my name...suz..suz..... :baby04:

3. vtfarma

vtfarma Well-Known Member

Ewwwww... is right. It is when they grab your arm when you are cleaning the stuff out that it gets hairy. I swear there have been things in there that have tried to pull me in to become one of them!

On the Mcd's front - who ever said their food was actually real. The boxes (if I remember rightly from 20+ years ago) actually said 100% meat. They didn't say what kind. Maybe it is a new irradiated variety that can stay fresh under their warmers for more than 10 minutes - 10 weeks! Okay so I don't eat there more than 1 x per year but I think I will curtail my visits. Bread that does not mold - plastic?

4. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

What a good deed you did in not feedin' that thing to the critters :cool:

~~

5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe the sun hitting the windshield acted like a dehydrator to dry out the burger instead of molding it.

6. redbudlane

redbudlane Head Zookeeper

This is what I'm guessing happened.

We tried to feed some french fries to a friend's St. Benards one time. They refused to touch them! Now, dogs are known to eat all kinds of ewwwwing things. If they won't touch a french fry that ought to tell us something! :eek:

7. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Guest

If the bread was real, would it not have molded? If the meat was real would it not started to rot? When did cheese dry out to look like plastic flowers before?

Pretty hot and dry on a vehicle dashboard. What you had was a hamburger mummy. Shoulda saved it and sold it on EBay.

.....Alan.

8. sue currin

sue currin Well-Known Member

I was sitting in a road block when a cop came up to check out my license. after checking everything out, she looked at me and very seriously said "if you get in an accenident you could be killed", I thinking it was because I was driving a very small car, I told her I liked the car and gas mileage,. She said "no I mean from flying debrie inside your car". It stills gets bad, but it did make me think.