Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the Pickup before going into town.Seen a Plug Wire loose.I couldn't reach it so I got a Chair,got up there,got it fixed.Went to get down fell.

:Bawling: Knocked the wind out of me.Landed on one Hand.Now it is really hurting wrist,thumb,first finger,and forearm.

Not swollen but it sure hurts :shrug:

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
hope your ok BRP!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Lay your non hurting hand on them-hand , forearm etc-and command the bruise to come out of the skin tissue and bone and tendons and ligaments and command the skin tissue and bone and tendons and ligaments to go to normal and the pain to come out right now in Name of Jesus

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

My 75-year-old mom fell yesterday going down the stairs into the basement (fell from the bottom step) and broke her wrist and bruised her rib(s). She's hurting but doing better than I know I would be.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
You know old boy,
You are an accident lookin for a place to happen all the time. :rolleyes:

Is it the same hand you tried to cut off a couple of years ago?

I'd say you should just stay in bed and not even try to get up anymore but you would probably toss and turn and strangle yourself with the sheets.

I do know how you feel though.
I tripped over some hidden baling twine in the barn a couple of months ago and hurt my hand and it still hurts. NOT fun!

Let Tina kiss it and make it all better. That is if you are not in the dog house with her at the moment. Then it will be fine. If not, go to the DR. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
My goodness--it must have been a "fall day"--but so glad to know you were not hurt badly!!! Our daughter fell yesterday as well. Her husband was in the attic checking on a leak around the chimney. She wanted to make sure he knew what he was doing, so decided to climb the ladder as well. It's an older one, and the bottom rungs were not the sturdiest, so down she went, bruised her hip, behind, and foot. There she was laying on the floor with the wind knocked out of her. Our 2 1/2 year old grandson came running in to see what all the commotion was about and why mommy was on the floor. Thankfully she is OK, with no broken bones.
Take Care Rock!

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
I'm betting it hurts even more today!

Take it easy for a day or three and take a pain pill even if it's only aspirin.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Corky said:
You know old boy,
You are an accident lookin for a place to happen all the time. :rolleyes:

Is it the same hand you tried to cut off a couple of years ago?

I'd say you should just stay in bed and not even try to get up anymore but you would probably toss and turn and strangle yourself with the sheets.

I do know how you feel though.
I tripped over some hidden baling twine in the barn a couple of months ago and hurt my hand and it still hurts. NOT fun!

Let Tina kiss it and make it all better. That is if you are not in the dog house with her at the moment. Then it will be fine. If not, go to the DR. :)
No it was the other Hand.If you remember right when I hurt that one down there,the next week my Dog ripped the other one open and I had to have stitches in it. :rolleyes:

I don't think I'm safe in Bed.Last night my Lab got scared and sat on my Head.Killed a Dog with a Bed one time,had a Scotty he run under the Bed I didn't know it.I throwed the DW on it,the Bed goes down :Bawling:

Well Im feeling better today,so I don't think I broke anything.

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
[
I don't think I'm safe in Bed.Last night my Lab got scared and sat on my Head.Killed a Dog with a Bed one time,had a Scotty he run under the Bed I didn't know it.I throwed the DW on it,the Bed goes down :Bawling:

Well Im feeling better today,so I don't think I broke anything.

big rockpile[/QUOTE]

:eek: ANIMAL!!!!!!

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tricky Grama said:
Get an ice pack on it. 20 min on & 20 min off.

Patty

Thatswhat my DW said.She also said it will help on my Back when I have swelling in it.

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
At least its better than what I almost did yesterday BRP!

I walked into the barn to collect eggs and as I stepped through the door I hit a fresh pile of chicken poo.........................needless tp say I slipped and twisted my ankle. Luckily it felt fine a bout an hour later.

That would have been an embarrassing story to tell the emergency room!

Hope your hand feels better

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
About the worst thing I ever did was working on a House,fell hit a board,bounced off it flipped back hit another board,flipped forward,landed face first about 10 foot down on concrete.

I was ok,was brused up and seeing stars.But it was just like something out of Cartoons except live.

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Ummmmm oh D A V I D! :rolleyes:
How about the time you were cutting down a tree.
Now that had to be pretty scarey!

Course I don't think you got hurt with that one. Just near death is all. :rolleyes:

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Corky said:
Ummmmm oh D A V I D! :rolleyes:
How about the time you were cutting down a tree.
Now that had to be pretty scarey!

Course I don't think you got hurt with that one. Just near death is all. :rolleyes:
Oh yea that was a good one.I was pulling the tree off another,looked in my mirror and it was falling for the Pickup.Hit the Cab,blowed the back window out,bounced my Head off the Stearing Wheel.Crawled up the hill,cover with blood,called DW.

Or there is the other time I couldn't get to one side of the tree.Thought no problem just cut on the side I could get on,let it split then work the most of it up that was down.Well all went well it was splitting,but it broke loose,come back towards me,I put the Saw up,Log kicks the Saw across the road,kicks me out in the road.Made my way back up to the House,didn't realize I lost my Glasses.DW and DS went down there got the Saw and my Glasses.

Then there was the time I was cutting Pulp Wood.Saw kicked back,ran through my Boot and up my Pants Leg.Buddy sat me down,wanted to take my Boot off I wouldn't let him afraid of what I might find.He finally convinced me we had to.Lucky didn't get nothing more than a bruse and my Clothes cut off.

Are you sugesting I might be accident prone? :shrug:

big rockpile

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hope your hand feels better real soon. I had a fall this past winter and I still have pain in my shoulder and arm. My dh was getting up and I was still asleep and somehow I rolled off the bed onto the floor. I sure woke up fast when I hit the floor. My side of the bed is close to a bureau. Try as I might I was crammed in their. Dh and I both tried to slide the bed over some. No luck. He said we have to call rescue I said just give me a pillow and blanket and I will stay here. He called rescue and I made sure he told them it wasn't a real emergency. Sure enough they come with sirens howling full blast. Two guys moved the bed and as they helped me up I heard something rip. Yeah the back of my nightie caught on something. How embarassing that whole deal was. Anyhow you might want to have that hand looked at never know what damage you did.

God Bless
RenieB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts