Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out I'm allergic to kudzu of all blinking things...I'm allergic to daffodils, benadryl and now kudzu...... :help:

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,852 Posts
So you cannot take Benedryl to take care of the Kudzu? never heard of someone being allergic to Kudzu - just knew everyone hated it and the way it grows over everything in it's path.

How did you find out you were allergic to Kudzu?
Must be a story there.

Angie

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
allergic to an allergy medicine????? ouch....that stinks....

if I take an OTC allergy pill I am sound asleep in 30 minutes.....

If I take 1/2 dose of a children's liquid (that is 1/2 of the smallest dose that the bottle says to give a 6yo), I can usually fight it off and be SUPER drowsy all day-----**read--may as well be asleep**

Rachel

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Angie my horses eat it and several people mentioned goats like it so I picked some for them and wound up with a lovely itchy rash...My worst allergy is to benadryl It shuts off my air supply. Poison ivy dosent bother me...bee stings are no problem..... :help: Im just wierd .

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
RachAnn, it also makes me sleepy- I took 1/2 a Benydry last night and slept l0hrs. w/out even moving and still feel 'out of it'-I can't take much med. at all!

My husband is allergic to nothing but privet hedge! He can roll in p/ivy & p/oak and nothing--cuts down the hedge--to the hosp.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
wildhorse said:
My worst allergy is to benadryl It shuts off my air supply.
I hope you've got some kind of medic alert bracelet or something to that effect, letting folks know you're deathly allergic to benadryl, because they practically hand out benadryl like candy, anymore.

Daffodils aren't too hard to avoid, but kudzu will chase you down. You have my sympathies.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Allergic to Benadryl and Kudzu?? Yep, you are a freak. :nana:

Just kidding, the bracelet is an excellent idea, because it is so freely given for emergencies.

Take care!!
Kimberly

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's blooming right now too! I'm allergic to... the cold. Including cold air, cool water, cooling sweat... Boo on allergies!!!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
YounGrey said:
Whats Kudzu?
Answers.com;

Kudzu:
An eastern Asian vine (Pueraria lobata) having compound leaves and clusters of reddish-purple flowers. It is grown for fodder, forage, and root starch, and is a widespread weed in the southeast United States.

It is extremely invasive :flame:

·
Premium Member
24,574 Posts
You poor thing! You definitely need a medical bracelet because Benedryl is what is used when people are having an allergic reaction!

My son is allergic to dirt! He had to be transported from school to the ER one time. The teacher had the windows open and they were doing dozer work outside. It sent him into anaphylactic shock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts