I dont understand it. I eat healthy.

Discussion in 'Country Singletree' started by FarmboyBill, Mar 3, 2017.

1. krackin

krackin Well-Known Member

Do a search on cinnamon too. I have dear elderly friends that have seen great results. Doctors aren't wild about it because there is no profit in natural products for them. You can still spike but understanding why is part of dealing with what we get handed in life. Use it, learn, and hand it on down the line. We all owe that.

COSunflower likes this.
  2. FarmboyBill

FarmboyBill Well-Known Member Supporter

yeah im gonna get some when I go to town.

3. Declan

Declan Well-Known Member

Well I hope it is while you are waiting for your blood pressure prescription to get filled. You were well into stroke territory. The only times I have heard of blood pressures like that involved diabetics who had heart attacks and their pressures shot up to astronomical numbers as they were circling the drain that they quickly went down, or people who were intubated.

MoBookworm1957 likes this.
  4. frogmammy

frogmammy Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh believe me, there's blood pressures like that without being diabetic. You are right though, he was very deep in stroke territory. Thankfully his daughter is a smart girl! (Keep the kid, Bill!)

How's the BP doing now? And how's the X, still in the hospital?

Mon

MoBookworm1957 and Nsoitgoes like this.
  5. FarmboyBill

yep X in Nursing home. Coming back home Fri after this. She took over the TV, Internet, and car ins bills and had them transferred into her name and the money taken out of her account. Well now, they've taken all her benefits away as shes in a nursing home. Now im trying to get them back into my name. Im having a heck of a time with the TV bill.

6. frogmammy

Seems like it would be best (simpler) to keep those all in your name and just have her pay you, if that is the scheme. The day is still young and I am already fed up with dealing with businesses & trying to straighten things out or get information. :confused:

Mon

Nsoitgoes likes this.
  7. COSunflower

COSunflower Country Girl Supporter

Will the x get her benefits back when she moves back in? Will she be able to pay those bills again? If she is coming back in a week I would just wait on the tv until her benefits kick back in and she can restart the tv etc.

8. COSunflower

COSunflower Country Girl Supporter

Curious too as to if the x would have to STAY in the nursing home eventually would you be able to afford to stay in your new place on your own income? If not, that's kind of scary unless you can find a trustworthy and reliable room mate.

RichNC likes this.
  9. FarmboyBill

Well, I gotter down to 113/94 finally. Doc took me offa the motorla, but put me on water pill prescription.
    Its beginning to look like she aint gonna be leaving where shes at. They shuttle her back and forth from the hospital to the nursing home. She fights blood sugar problems. Well, I guess I should say she HAS those problems and lets the docs do the fighting.

10. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member

Bill, thank you for checking in: folks were worried abut you.

Sorry to hear about your ex. The doctors probably CAN fix her blood sugar problem, but only if she minds her diet. And, not everybody will do that.

MoBookworm1957 and COSunflower like this.
  11. geo in mi

geo in mi Well-Known Member Supporter

Good to see you're back. You gave us a scare.

geo

12. frogmammy

Bill, be sure to drink a LOT of water with those fluid pills...easy to dehydrate, especially in the summer if you're working.

And a hint from my DH...do NOT take them if you're going to go out and have to do a lot of running round...you'll spend most of your time hunting for the next toilet.

Mon

MoBookworm1957 and COSunflower like this.
  13. MoBookworm1957

MoBookworm1957 Well-Known Member

Bill, there is light at the end of tunnel.
    My blood pressure went from 297/197 to 114/ 87.
    Took four long years but now down safely.
    Doctors cut back blood pressure pills to where just take half a day.
    I also cut out all processed foods, eat lots of dark green vegetables.
    Most all foods are prepared from scratch.
    I grow my vegetables in the garden, can,freezer,smoke,dehydrate everything.
    By beef, pork from farmers went to school with.

14. MoonRiver

MoonRiver SM Entrepreneuraholic Supporter

Bill, I had BP spikes to about 220/130 with heart rate also jumping to 120+. Had the appropriate heart tests and docs just kept adding or changing the meds with no success. they kept telling me I was under medicated!

I did some research and here's what I found works for me. Keep saturated fat to a minimum - eggs, meat, processed food - while increasing mono-unsaturated fats. I also found that eating bread causes a spike in BP.

Eat a lot of raw vegetables - celery, carrots, broccoli, etc - and vegetables. As many as 9 servings of raw or cooked vegetables and fruit.

There is a high correlation between blood viscosity and high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes. things you can do to reduce viscosity are taking aspirin and eating lots of garlic and grounding - lots of contact with the ground with bare hands, feet, etc. Also drink lots of water - 1 oz for every 2 lbs of weight, so you should probably be drinking over 100 oz a day. Spring water is best if you have access to it.

Also, get a lot of sun. if you check your BP inside the house and then after being in the full sun for an hour, you will be surprised at how much it drops, even in the winter.

And keep a log - what you eat and when, and several BP readings a day. Make sure you sit quietly for at least 5 minutes before taking the reading. Relax and take belly breaths - not chest breaths. This will help increase nitric oxide. Eating beets and similar vegetables also does this.

The challenge is to figure out which foods help and which hurt. Foods usually take a few hours to effect BP and the affect may last for more than a day. I usually figure about 18 hours, but sometimes shorter and sometimes longer.

I know you have bad knees, but you need to do light aerobics like walking, swimming, biking, etc. Exercise that stresses your heart just a little will help. Make sure the doctor says it is OK before you do exercise that may be dangerous in your current condition.

Something I try to do every day that it is sunny out is to sit in the sun and listen to my favorite music for 30-60 minutes. You get about the same benefit as meditation and I know you like music, so you should find it energizing.

ETA: The thing with tuna fish is it is high in mercury. One time a week is probably safe, but more than that could lead to toxic levels of mercury building up.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    CajunSunshine and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  15. FarmboyBill

My knees are fine. Its my ankles that are shot. I can put on pics but IF I do yall may want me to disappear again LOL.
    I sit outside ALOT. I come in here, then sit on the porch in my rocking chair, then go out and sit in my hammock on my ham hock, then when I get tired of that I do it all over again. Its rainy as heck here. pools of water in my garden ion which I planted a 100ft row of taters. I don't want to ruin my shoes by doing to much walking in water, and really don't feel like doing much when the grounds like this.
    THE DOCTOR SAID ID HAVE TO EAT POUNDS OF TUNA DAILY FOR THERE TO BE A NOTICABLE SPIKE IN MERCURY LEVELS. He said my blood didn't show any at all.
    Bookworm, where in Mo are ya outa courisity. I was born in St Joe Mo. Lived there a couple years in the mid 50s, then again in 74/5

COSunflower and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  16. FarmboyBill

Ive figured out how to get to the other forums. Just go to the top of the page and click OTHER FORUMS, or something like that.
    Like Harry Truman said, Im gonna make it, one way or another lol.

COSunflower and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  17. MoBookworm1957

Bill,
    I am up by Kansas City, Missouri.
    My youngest son and his pretty wife live in Maryville, Missouri.

COSunflower likes this.
  18. FarmboyBill

Ah, I usta take 169 all the way from here to outside Atchison Kans to go home just to avoid KC. NOW, with things going on in Tulsa as they do, I try to avoid it also, but hard to do.

19. MoBookworm1957

I only go thru Ok to get to Texas.

20. FarmboyBill

I can understand that lol