I don't know what I'm feeling

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by sancraft, Jan 5, 2007.

1. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

I am behind on my truck note. I paid a full payment online on Wed. and was paying another $200.00 today and will pay another $300. next Friday. When I made the payment on Wed., I called them and gave them the reference # and told them I'd be paying another $200. today. The lady I spoke with was very nice and said I needed to get caught up as soon as possible and I let her know that I intend to. So everything was fine. She said just to call and let them know when I make a payment so they can log it. I tried to pay the $200. online today, but their system won't let you pay less than a full payment. So I called in to give them a check on the phone. The first guy I got on the phone was so rude. He was insisting that I pay the entire amount that I am past due. I let him know that I had talked to a senior account manager and we had worked out the payments. He refused to take the check and wouldn't transfer me to a manager. So I hung up on him. I waited a few minutes and called back and asked for the lady I had talked to on Wed. She wasn't in so I got another manager. He was worst than the 1st idiot. I ended up hanging up on him too and just mailing the $200. check. I really wanted to do the check on the phone, because it would stop interest from being added to the account on the past due amount. I don't know why they were acting this way. I doing everything that I said I would do get them caught up. I don't know if I'm angry or disgusted.

2. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Report the rude people to a manager. Hopefully, you got their names.

3. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Yep,some folks are just plain idiots.

Unfortunate you cant just drop them.When I deal with idiots,the relationship is over and I take my business elsewhere.

Oh,yet another reason to deal with your local credit union and not a MegaBank.
    At least you can find out WHO the disrespectful moron is,and they might actually care.

BooBoo :gromit:

4. TNHermit

TNHermit Well-Known Member Supporter

Always ask for their name before you talk. that puts them on notice and you can always let these jerks know that you are going to inform the manager. i would take it up the chain as far as you can.

5. fellini123

fellini123 Well-Known Member

Boy Saundra I know what you mean!!!! Tuesday I called the Animal Warden to get our yearly kennel license. Been doing this for about 12 years.
    First they didnt call back until 8:30 this morning. And then it was this VERY RUDE young guy that was too busy telling me how he had been at this job for 22 years, (he hasn't I have known the animal warden here since we moved here in 1994.)
    He then starts to tell me I need all sorts of things before I can get the license. This is all peppered with laughing, a VERY condisending attitude, and several instances of :look here little lady." I put up with it for awhile, then told him that I have been getting this license since 1994, LONG before he ever worked here, probably before he was out of diapers (ok I know I was i bit out of line here but he "little lady" me once to many times!!), and I hung up.
    His boss called back and asked what happened I explained to him the rudness of his helper, and how I didnt appreciate his attitude. I dont see anything being done about it, it is quite the "good old boy" network around here and since I am just the "little lady," nothing is liable to happen.
    Wonder if I will even get my kennel license....
    So yes everyone is getting more and more rude, dont care who they are or who they are talking to.
    Alice in Virginia

6. Boleyz

Boleyz Prognosticator, Artist

I haven't had a car payment for over 10 years. There's really 2 reasons:

1. It's always cheaper to repair and continue driving your old car, so that's what I do.

2. I make a car payment every month...to MYSELF...I've got enough laid back, that when the car repairs are finally no longer feasible, I can go and pay cash for a newer (not new) vehicle.

I've never had a new car, and don't plan to get one. A low-mileage used car or truck is fine with me.

My point is, if you ever do finish that payment book, keep the car until the wheels fall off, maintaining it and repairing it as needed. While you're doing that, continue to make a car payment to your own savings account every month.

You can then pay cash for your next car.

The problem is that most people don't have enough foresight to do this, and as soon as the payment book is finished, they start blowing the money elsewhere...

Then, when they need another vehicle, it's Payment book time again. I've got close friends who never plan to be out of car debt. They trade every few years and kep the payment books rolling in...that just ain't for me...JMHO

7. Trixie

Trixie Well-Known Member

"Little Lady"!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, that gets me everytime.

It seems most businesses are operating on the basis that there are enough customers out there - if they loose a few, they will do fine. Customer service is scarce these days.

Some of the worst is the companies that oursource their customer service. I have seldom gotten satisfactory results from them.

One exception was the one who finally was able to tell me why my camera wasn't working correctly.

8. sancraft

I paid off my car and planned to keep it. A drunk driver totalled it on Thursday and I got the title in the mail on Saturday. I didn't get enough with the insurance to do anything but pay down on another car (used). It wasn't enough to get even a decent used car or truck which was what I was looking for. Then the next car was totalled after being broadsided only 7 months after gettting it. Since I had payoff insurance, that loan was paid off and I had to come with money for another car. I got a good used truck with a pretty decent note, but the bank wouldn't finance it because of the high mileage and I had to take it back to the dealership. They would however finance a new truck. This is the first new car I've ever owned. I always buy used, usually for cash, but the cash is just not here right now. And since we were needing a place to live, any cash had to go towards getting a roof over our heads so we wouldn't have to live in the truck. Also, I was working 2 1/2 hours from where I found land, so a woman and 2 girls travelling the dark highways at 5am in a hoopty would not be prudent. Sometimes, circumstances aren't a result of not planning, it a matter of life not having read the memo that unexpected happening are not allowed.

9. Westwood

Westwood Well-Known Member

I hear you Sandra, pontification gets a little old when you're doing your best to tread water. I know you had assets, and a life, that was pulled out from under you without your knowledge. Sometimes I wish people would get the WHOLE story before they start suggesting. Baby steps are what it takes to reach equilibrium again. Just keep forging on. You'll get there and we're here for you.

10. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Boy aint that the truth. I think sometimes those people get all big and bad on the phone, cause they are wimps in the real world. Then there's the power trip factor, like they almost think it's THIER money you borrowed. Just picture them going to hi-5 thier buddy's after they get off of the phone and flipping over in their chair and thier pocket protector putting out their eye or something fun like that. :p

11. Westwood

I think they do that online too. :cool:

12. sancraft

Thanks Westwood, I really needed that. Sometimes I just do have the stomach for the Hollier Than Thous. I worked hard. I paid all my bills on time. I saved. Then in less than a month, everything was gone. House, money, good credit, DH, sercurity, my life. It has been so hard trying to rebuild a fraction of what I had. It's been an uphill battle every day. You can plan all you want, but that doesn't mean unexpected things won't happen and turn all you plans to vapor.

13. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Hang in there, you're a fighter and the Lord will provide.

14. Westwood

Life happens, we do the best we can. When our world is turned upside down we usually have time to mourn a while. You haven't had that luxury. I, for one, admire your grit, courage, and stamina.

15. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

I'm praying for you!

how much before you are caught up?

16. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Absolutely,I will NOT let Mrs out in any vehicle that isnt HUGELY dependable.Im not likely to get raped and kidnapped by some psycho,her odds are infinitely higher.

When we have a vehicle that is no longer dependable at ALL times,I get another that is.Just the way it is,I wont put a price on her safety as long as I can help it.

So,one reason right there,and a valid one,for a newer/reliable vehicle.

BooBoo :gromit:

17. KCM

KCM Well-Known Member

100% in agreement with you.

But then again, who wouldn't be?

18. Dec429

Dec429 Well-Known Member

Exactly!

Ladies do NOT need to be driving around in a POS with the wheels about to fall off.
    Nice to see some men respecting and taking care of their gals!

Don

19. PyroDon

PyroDon Well-Known Member

Take the payment in in person if they refuse it make them put it in writing .
    not sure what your state laws are but here refusing even a partial payment when taken to court means you are paid in full and they can no longer expect any further payments .

20. farmergirl

farmergirl Well-Known Member Supporter

This warms my heart. Nice to know THERE ARE good guys out there.