I can't believe we've made it this far...

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Mrs. Ed, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Mrs. Ed

Mrs. Ed Active Member

I can't believe we have made it 3 1/2 weeks with this bottle baby that was rejected by her mother!

All the symptoms I posted a few days ago have just about disappered. I can't believe it!

I have continued her Bo-Se injections and taken her off the raw cow's milk (in case that's what was bothering her). She is back on goat milk. We are discussing, putting her back on cow milk to see if that was the culprit or if it was WMD (and the Bo-Se is finally kicking in to help).

Her mother went to the sale this morning. We do not wish to breed her again, and hadn't intended to this time. She is gone! :mad:

We are still taking it one day at a time, I haven't named her yet. We are trying to balance taking care of her with good reason and the costs of doing so. We are trying what we can, but cannot mortgage the house to save her. So far, so good. Let's just hope it continues.

Y'all have all been so helpful, I wanted to give you an update. Thank you!! :worship:

2. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

I am so glad she is pulling through for you. It's hard when those little ones get under your skin like that! Your doing a great job. Vicki

3. elly_may

elly_may Well-Known Member

Excellent news, I am glad she is doing better. Keep up the good work and I will keep her in my thoughts. I hope the worst is over for her and a good thriving life is ahead of her.

4. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

Very good news but I am concerned here with your statement that "We are continuing with daily BoSe shots" She only needs 1/2 CC do not overdose with Selinium too much is just as bad or worse than too little. PLEASE be careful

5. Mrs. Ed

Mrs. Ed Active Member

Sondra, The Bo-Se shots are not daily. They are twice a week for 2 weeks only. He drew up the syringes and dosages for us. Don't worry, we're trying not to poison her. :)

She is still a little weak in the back legs, I noticed today. Maybe the last two injections will help with that.

6. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member