Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hound is acting like the injured kitty is her own pup!!:shrug: I've never seen this dog act so gentle with anything, ever!

I swear, animals never cease to amaze me. She has herded this cat to the water dish and food, several times today and even was wagging her tail as she sat watching poor rescue cat eat and drink. Mind you this dog is food agressive to everyone except me (I fed her by my hands when we first rescued her to earn trust) Then they were caught sleeping together on the couch and again on the bed. If it were any other cat she'd be chasing it through the house destroying anything in her path. She doesn't even get along with most dogs, eitehr. DH must of put the cat up on the couch because the cat isn't able to climb. Now I feel like I def have to keep this cat!This cat must of crawled into our lives for a reason.

·
Canning Crazy
2,332 Posts
Awww....how did you find the kitty? And I would love to see some pics =)

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
You can't really expect us to belief this. We need proof.

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can hardly believe it myself! I was in the bedroom with them at the time but didn't have the camera. We were all jsut kind of hanging out and dozing watching a video. Brandi is a bit mroe frisky today so the cat hasn't been out as much in the house. She seemed like she wanted to stay in her cage for the most part today. But If I catch them like that again, for sure I will be snapping pics! :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Years ago we rescued a yorkie from a breeding mill. About a year later we found a litter of kittens in a wood pile. Don't you know that yorkie took those babies like they were her own and started nursing them! She hadn't had puppies for at least a year and here she was feeding a litter of kittens. She raised those babies till they were twelve weeks old and we found homes for them. It was the sweetest thing you ever saw!

We had been feeding them with a bottle but after we discover she had milk and they were thriving we didn't have to do that anymore.

The irony in this is since she had been in a breeder mill, she had been kept in a cage her whole life. No, not a kennel but a small cage. And she never had a name. Well I had a cat and I would call the cat, you know, "here kitty, kitty". So guess what her name became, yea Kitty! Poor thing thought I was calling her, guess I was :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts