Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Well, you KNOW you can't have just one, right?
;)
Seriously though - does your goat have a buddy of any kind? They are herd animals and don't do well alone, - but could be friends with a horse or dog or whatever if you don't have another goat.

Anyhoo-- congrats.

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,668 Posts
Yes, please! Pix STAT.

NeHi

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thank you very much for your kind words. I was sad to see Patra go, being bred out of season we played with her a ton and let her roam around with us as we did chores. I think her personality reflected that, and I don't think she understands why she's stuck out with the goats and not in the house with the rest of the humans. :baby04:

I'm glad you're enjoying her, and I look forward to pics of her on your farm. :)

·
Premium Member
6,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK ok. here they are

this first one is patra, of course, in our moveable pen. my daughter calls her sugar

this one is patra, and our 3 month old alpine milkyway

this is milkys mama, wendy. she's the big meany. milky was her 2nd time.

this is our other alpine starsong. she's tiny and man what a mug! but shes real nice and milks good.
shes a first freshener

hope everyone is oh so happy now!

so who knows who has a sannen buck is southern indiana?

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,668 Posts
Yes. :) I'm "oh, so happy". We all enjoy seeing pix of other folks' goats, and yours are very nice! Thanks for sharing the photos.

NeHi

·
Premium Member
6,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
starsong is pretty cool. she was someones pet before we got her. I do have alot of problems keeping weight on her though. shes very small and thin.
she's one of those goats that thinks her head has to be in whatever you happen to be carrying, weather or not you are ready for it. shes a 'leaner'.

thanks nehimama!

does anyone else have a goat they have trouble keeping weight on? what do you do?I have noticed that regardless of how much grain I give her. it doesnot affect her weight, or milk amounts. only fresh browse does that. Im concerned how she will fair when all the fresh is dead for the year?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.