Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... in a patriotic and quite moving ceremony.

I know there are a couple of people here following my citizenship journey, so wanted to give you an update :D

If you think of it, please send up a prayer for my hubby to be released from "name check" so he can also complete his journey.

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,682 Posts
Congratulations!!!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
:dance: :dance:

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Welcome to the USA officially as one of US.

And prayers that the paperwork gets loosened up so your hubby can join you.

Angie

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone :)

Suburbanite - the first thing I did as US citizen was register to vote - they had a table right outside the door so we could do so ;)

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Congrats!!!! So wonderful to see someone go through the right process and do so legally!

Welcome.

Cliff

·
Banned
4,808 Posts
Thank you for using the front door.

what country did ya come from?

I hope ya did your homework first and didnt move here based on the sales brochure.

LOL

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL comfortablynumb!

I came from South Africa. The USA may not be perfect, but it's a whole lot better than many other countries ;)

·
Banned
4,808 Posts
I agree. Its a nifty place, I like it.

I have some pet peeves about it, but who doesnt.....

it takes good care of me so i cant really whine to badly.

lol

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

I became a citizen 20 years ago. Best of wishes for your husband....what is 'name check'?

·
winding down
3,471 Posts
Congratulations! Good to have you here!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Congratulations!

I've just had some co-workers and a member of my family go through this. In one case, involved a family whose sons/uncles had been tortured and killed by Sadaam.

Truly moving experience and makes me appreciate how lucky I am to have been born in this country.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
My heartiest welcome and congratulations. This is the way immigration should be and I certainly hope your husband can fulfill his wishes promptly as well.

My sister-in-law is from another land and became a citizen in the 1970s. I was very disappointed that we were not informed of her process and were not invited to nor informed of her ceremony. What a great day it would have been to welcome into citizenship in America and not just into the family.

Again welcome to all of your family.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Anyone who immigrates and goes through the citizenry process has my respect. I guarantee you know more about this country than I do. You worked hard to earn that citizenship. My hat's off to you.

Best of luck to your husband. Hopefully that will be done with soon and he can get on with the process.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
How exciting! I'm really happy for you.
I will send a prayer for your husband and I hope he's celebrating this honor with you soon.

prairiegirl

1 - 20 of 62 Posts