I am starting seeds TODAY!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by willow_girl, Feb 2, 2005.

1. willow_girl

willow_girl Very Dairy

I realize it's only Feb. 2, but if I don't see something green sprouting soon, I'm going to SNAP! :haha:

2. jackie c

jackie c Well-Known Member

I can relate to you willow, but seeing as I can only set out tender plants in May, I'll have to sit on my hands till at least March,arrruggg :rolleyes: But I thikn I'll cheat with one or two tomato seeds left over from last year, and maybe some lettuce, hehe.

3. diane

diane Well-Known Member

Willow_girl.............we are really on the same page today!! Going nutzo here wanting to start planting. I am using planting as a reward for doing a few of the cleaning jobs I just don't feel like doing. Clean.......then plant. I got a couple of "Earthbox" things for Christmas and I am going to start a bunch of greens in one. I think I will hydrate a couple of Jiffy-7 pellets just so I can smell some dirt!!

4. willow_girl

willow_girl Very Dairy

I knew I was in trouble last week, when I saw avocados on sale at the grocery and my first thought was, "I can save the pits and plant them!" :no: ;)

It's a little early here for tomatoes, but I've had good luck starting foxgloves and delphiniums early. Also, I received a ton of brugmansia/datura seed in a swap via this board :D and I'm hoping that starting them early might get a few up to impressive size in time to jazz up my deck (which, at the moment, contains nothing more than 1) snow, and 2) a great big cow pie, from where my Holstein, Christine, visited the other night!). (I never realized cows could go up and down steps, but then, perhaps Christine is smarter than the average cow?!)

5. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

I got the bug early too last week I started my tomatoes they just started to sprout the other day!!! I am so excited....I also started some okra and some pepper plants saw they were just starting to pop up. Hopefully today I want to plant some peas I will have to keep them cover with remay its still kinda cool here at night 29 but I am going for it the remay keeps the frost off so I never have a problem with the frost.I went to Lowes and saw they had the early planters out grapes raspberries, etc and some fruit trees!!! Spring is coming yahoo!!!

6. kitty32_z8

kitty32_z8 Well-Known Member

Oh yes I have spring fever bad. If the darn plants outside would quit popping there heads out I might not be so antzy. I have been Winter Sowing for a month now. I was so happy to see green. I want MORE :eek: though...lol. For anyone that cares what WS is, you can look at http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/wtrsow/
    Forwarning it is VERY addicting! :haha:
    Our warmer weather that we have had allot of this winter is gone for awhile. Farmers almanac say we are due for it and some snow later this month. It hasn't steered me wrong yet.Come on March! :haha: :waa: :D

Kathy

7. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Yep, I spent a good part of yesterday starting seeds. I got 5 fifty-pot flats done. I'll be able to do more after I screen some more compost and bunny poop. :D WooHoo! Spring is in the house!
    Meg