i am putting up my green house

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by randy in central missouri, Mar 26, 2006.

1. randy in central missouri

randy in central missouri Well-Known Member

well, after a year of waiting, i finally got in gear. i had some friends over sat and put up my 21 by 48 green house. still working out the kinks. but i have 36 feet done and only 2 rings to go. i wish i had moved it back 12 feet. but its looking good. if not this year than the next i will be growing everything.
    randy

2. bluelacedredhea

bluelacedredhea Well-Known Member

Congratulations on putting it together. Any chance you took pics of the process?
    What are you hoping to raise in the greenhouse? Is it just for yourself and family or will this be a business venture too?

3. randy in central missouri

randy in central missouri Well-Known Member

no pictures. but i got going on this too late. but we will play this year and learn how.
    randy

4. Thalia

Thalia New Member

Congrats Randy. It would be interesting if you explain the construction process. We put up our own 10 x 20 green house. We live in a windy region. The plastic roof tore. We used 6 mil plastic sheet. Would you tell us how you made the roof. Did you use plastic sheets or some other kind of material?