Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a very good day, with a drive in the country with my sweetie and dinner out. Since I wanted a relaxed day we just went up the road a bit to the local steakhouse.

I have been working on losing weight, and I am within 10 pounds of my goal, but for today I pulled out all of the stops and ordered fried mushrooms, steak, and the usual trimmings. I also make myself a cake but I do not have the room to eat any of it, yet.

Tonight the ice, snow, and freezing rain should move in but it is Saturday and I have no place that I need to be. I gave my hens plenty of food and water inside the hen house, so I will not even need to check on them tomorrow. I can just stay in, eat leftover steak, and chill.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
^^^^^
Ditto!!🎈

Reactions: Terri

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Happy birthday

Reactions: Terri

·
Super Moderator
17,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys.

What a grey and windy day it is! We only got an inch or two of snow but the wind is howling badly enough that my cats have not asked to go out: they know bad weather when they hear it.

Now that we have had the snow the temps are supposed to drop to the single digits. Our winter has been mild so far but it is still winter.

AND, my son-in-law has gotten work in our area, so this month he and my daughter will move down from Nebraska to an apartment not too far away. I am hoping they can come over for burgers or whatever once every week or so.

·
Premium Member
30,047 Posts
Happy birthday!

I hope you get to enjoy lots of time with your family in the coming months.

·
Super Moderator
14,015 Posts
Posted 1/16/22 1:50 P.M CST

Terri,

Happy Birthday. Glad you had a nice day out.

Sorry at being 2 days late. We had thunderstorms before the rain and snow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts