I am moving to Texas... where to find hay?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by pourfolkes, Nov 10, 2006.

1. pourfolkes

pourfolkes Well-Known Member

Well, we are going to move to Cleveland, Texas, just outside of Houston and of course, I am taking my spoiled goaties with me! I was making calls today trying to find some of the large, round bales of hay and I can't get any information on who would have them! So, all of you Texans that may be in the Houston area, where can I get a couple of the large bales of hay? Thanks

2. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

3. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho Well-Known Member Supporter

You need to talk to Vicki McGaugh off of this forum! She lives in Cleveland, and I am sure can point you to everything you need!

Tracy

4. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

Yes just call me 281-592-3039 when you are closer to your move date...do bring their grain etc.. that they are used to...but although I live between Cleveland and Coldspring, my feed dealer is in Cleveland...Dewey out 2025/Coldspring road. He is great, keeps everything I need. He carries nice coastal hay...sorry but this is cattle area out here, round bales of hay are going to be bahia or simply mowed right of ways or worse...Tarkington Prarie grass...little to no benefit being fed, it is laden with molds, and is filler for cattle...here we use it for target practice backstops :) I wouldn't let anything here eat that! Dewey is also really good about keeping us in hay, when it gets really bad during the winter he will close hay sales to anyone who does not buy grain from him regularly, and even then limits the bales you can buy each week. Boy does he anger the good ole boys in town :) But it keeps us all in hay...and he gets the most beautiful oat hay during the late winter!!!

Oh I soo wish you had contacted me before your purchase....Liberty county/Cleveland is flood city...hope you didn't purchase a crawdad farm :) Any chance you bought in San Jacinto county? Vicki