Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It make me feel good and nobel to share with others, tonight I am going to place a rat size porton of peanut butter on the traps trigger. I will not lick my fingers (it may take two) after I have shared. But I did share, thats whats important.

Another creature's contributing to my winter warmph! How many of you have the status of owning a rat skin coat? It should take around seveny. After the flea removal. Do you have spare ones to send me? After adequate skinning and tanning of course. Never cared for rat meat here, goat is much more preferrable. With adequare garlic. See 'goats and gravy' post in cooking forum.

Any steamstresses interested of this project? Of course I will require a silk lining, after all it is me.

Still have lost glasses, fake it to the best of your ability, I am sorry (not really), I am a touch typest and brunnet. A lot less fun than those others. They are called grey rats.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I'll provide the silk and could maybe take a stab at the sewing, but would rather leaving that to someone more experienced.

I can only supply a few megar mouse coats, and I feel that their breadth and length will only contribute a few button's worth. I just put out "goodies" for a mouse in the kitchen who's hider I saw scuttle behind my cupboards.

Pat

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Mitch, the snickers you hear in the night are the rat, holding a stick in it's teeth and scraping the peanut butter off the trap, setting the trap on the stick, then eating the peanut butter. Wish I could contribute to the coat, but Colorado rats are much more wily, and refuse to be caught! Jan in Co

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wait! What kind of peanut butter did you use? Peter Pan? Jiff? Smooth or crunchy? I sure hope that rat isn't too choosy about his peanut butter. :)

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
MITCH. We can work out a deal.

I have rats in the chicken house.
Big rats.
Small rats.
Baby rats.
Teenager rats.
All kinds of rat families and rat condominiums in the walls.

Your coat is living in my chicken house.
You will be WARM this winter if I can just catch the danged things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.