I am excited!!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sisterpine, Jun 11, 2004.

1. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

I had a good long talk with DH last night and he has agreed that we can turn our 40 acres into a small farm, and now says he will help with the chickens too. I have been wanting this all of my life and am so excited I can hardly stand it. Just wanted to share, still have to come up with an implementation plan etc.!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :D

2. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Congratulations Sisterpine, I'm so happy for you! :D

3. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Way cool!

You realize, of course, that you will be the one doing most of the work? :p

No biggie, though.

I am also a beginning farmer. :D I am starting out with vegetables and bee hives. Last year and this year are for setting up and learning, next year is for breaking even, and the year after that is for trying to turn a profit. We have 5 acres.

4. apirlawz

apirlawz playing in the dirt

Wonderful, sisterpine!!! :dance: I am so excited for you!!! There is nothing more enjoyable that sitting down with a big, empty canvas and millions of possibilities!! It can be overwhelming at times, but there is nothing more rewarding!!!

We want updates!! :D

April

5. OUVickie

OUVickie Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeeha! He's right good guy - must be the love of a good gal changed his mind!
    Congratulations and have fun! :p

6. Old John

Old John Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi SisterPine,

Congratulations, big time.

There's nothing like realizing a DREAM, after working hard, to make it HAPPEN.
    I hope you have a lot of fun with the planning & execution.
    Sometimes the "DOING" is the FUN part.

7. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

My husband "allows" me to homestead but does very little of the day to day work, although he does help out occassionally like roughing in my new chicken house and tilling the garden...but most of the work is up to me.

He grew up on a farm and doesn't want the work now....when all I want to do is homestead!

Start SMALL and don't take on too much and too many animals all at once. If you do you will be overwhelmed. Take everything in small steps. good luck!