Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Goshen Farm
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I don't like it! Got one small part of a large remodel about done and I just seemed to stall out?

I could be : mowing, cleaning,, priming, painting, building, raking, doing laundry etc etc etc. And yet here I sit just staring out the window at the birds playing in the sun. Is there a pill I can take or something....I need help!

·
Registered
405 Posts
That's what makes it so hard.

I also don't think you're any different than most of us. It's hard to keep going when life keeps going also. I'm one of those people that can't get started on an extra job until my house is clean and everything else is in place. Well heck, I'm worn out by then, lol!

T

·
0 Posts
I discovered many years ago, that the dusting can be skipped! After about three months, it never really LOOKS any deeper, and it give the kids something to aim for when placing an item back in its proper location... :-D

It's all about priorities. Pick one important thing, and focus on that. The rest waits - I promise. I have never had a bale of laundry give up waiting one me and wash itself. ;)

Pass me one of those chocolates, please?

Edit: and anyone writing in said dust, is tasked with dusting that room! Resolved the writing issue that might arise.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Oh Sisterpine, pass those chocolates! I got started like a house a fire this morning and then DH came home for lunch and poof, all my flames turned into smoke and well, I guess you know the rest! :D It's not like the rest of the laundry is going anywhere and the sanding can wait a little longer, and we just won't talk about the dust. LOL Hang in there and remember that tomorrow is another day!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
No one ever lay on their death bed and said, "Oh, if only I had dusted more frequently!!!" or "Please let me have one more day so that I can vacuum the house!"

Prioritize projects but let yourself have time to breathe between them! You deserve a little time to watch the birds.

·
Registered
503 Posts
and I don't like it! Got one small part of a large remodel about done and I just seemed to stall out?

I could be : mowing, cleaning,, priming, painting, building, raking, doing laundry etc etc etc. And yet here I sit just staring out the window at the birds playing in the sun. Is there a pill I can take or something....I need help!

You just described me on a daily basis.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I always try to have 2 or 3 projects going at once. That way I can pick whichever one I feel like working on that day. Keeps me motivated to get something done instead of sitting on my but. The only time this didn't work out well was when I washed dishes in the bath tub for 6 months until I finally put in the new kitchen cabinets and sink.

The chocolate does sound good though.

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
The older I get, the more I feel like I need to re-charge. I just don't have the energy I did 20 years ago and it irritates me because I don't get everything done that I think I should. But that is the primary point ... 'that I think I should' ...

What I do are the things that have to be done ... feed DH and I ... feed the horses ... feed the dogs. Scrubbing walls, dusting, organizing closets ... if it doesn't get done, I don't think it's going to damage anyone's health.

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Oh, I am claiming my house is decorated for Halloween! The cobwebs and dust are part of it! Not much energy here... I have .my tea and am heading to the porch for a few min. Are the birds pretty this time of year???

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I usually get distracted in my work by watching the bees, birds, goats, etc etc
Its the small details in life that make me happy.
I get to see a world that the majority of people miss out on because they have become too fast paced or they are too busy keeping up with the Jones'

1 - 19 of 19 Posts