I am dedicating this day as......

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Dec 24, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    ...goat collar removal day. Ayep, its much too tight on him, the billy at the airport. I don't know what it will take to catch him, but I am going to do such. The lure will be alfalfa cubes, on my knees if necessary - but once i get a hold of his horns it will shift to my favor.

Probably I will have to wrestle him to the ground, then Fla Gal can do the deed. Its been on the back of my mind for days now, today I am going to win. I just had to share the staggering importance of this dedication. :rolleyes:

2. Bink

Bink Well-Known Member

See-? I told you that y'all can come up with your own holidays to celebrate! ;)

Good luck with the goat wrasslin.

3. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

:)
    we had calf wrestlin' yesterday.....

one of my helpful daughters decided his halter was too tight so she took it off of him.. he is 600 pounds :( We put it back on him... found out he doesnt like that halter one bit... I imagine that by today he will have forgotten his hour of freedom yesterday

4. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Moopups, after you finish yours, can you drive up to Missouri and do Billy Bob's, too? I've been pondering that job for a couple of weeks, and I'm intimidated. After you've gained the experience, it should be easy for you! He's a mini anyway. Piece of cake!

5. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

How much are bleacher seat tickets?

I'd love to watch this event!

6. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

I went into the goat compound, did a flat sit down so they would approach me, had that 'hard to spell word - cubes' with me. Billy approached, momma did first, baby billy also, Billy did it last. Reached for his horns, was not fast enough.

This kinda reminders me of the W.B. -Willey Coyote and the Road Runner cartoon, but rest assured I will win in the end. I will not quit.

They have about 3/4's of acre to roam on, I have human intelligence, its not a fair contest. Besides, I like goat meat that is treated to garlic sause, liquid hickory flavorings, and onions that are boiled down to a liquid.

There is tomorrow.....

7. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

Mitch, what kind of fencing do they have? Any chance you can put grain on the OUTSIDE of the fence so he has to stick his head through to get to it? With his horns, he won't be able to make a quick getaway, and you should be able to grab his horns before he pulls his head back out. Personally, I don't like horns on a goat, but if you've got 'em, ya might as well use 'em.

8. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

I'll get his little butt, just give me time. I have the ability to shift as is needed.