Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m will Go on about this now , this wether was sold to this showman about 5 months ago and man let me say this some people should just not show , we will not allow him to purchase from us anymore, we had a beautiful and in perfect condition we sold him and look at this wether now I absolutely despise of how this wethers conditions have came to . Please don’t be mad about this , and this is not this guys first year showing it’s his 3rd year . i would understand more if it was his first but it’s his 3rd , I’m super close to contacting them and giving us out wether back. I’m sorry but this just infuriated me.
the wether when he was being put for sale .
Jeans Sky Dog Dog breed Carnivore

got an update pic from the buyer and I was so mad about his back and just overall condition and how horrible he looks.
Dog Dog breed Plant Carnivore Companion dog

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
42,525 Posts
Why does his back look like that if it’s not a positioning issue? His nose appears to be jacked too high, too

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why does his back look like that if it’s not a positioning issue? His nose appears to be jacked too high, too
Cause lack of minerals and lack of knowledge in the showman I’m guessing and yeah it’s how he was posting the goats head, his back is swerved so horribly cause of lack of minerals and protein that this goat is not getting . I called the showman we’re getting the goat back and getting. Him back in condition

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeans Sky Dog Carnivore Dog breed
I’ve done that thing where I point their head up high and it has never affected their statue , that Goat that we’re getting back is just lacking minerals, this goat I’m bracing has his head pointed up at a high angle and his top line stayed straight , cause he doesn’t lack the minerals and nutrients needed both my goats get free range minerals so it keep them in good shape but then you go look at the goat he purchased from us and that goat de lacks something important.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm sorry. That is very frustrating. I don't know anything about what would cause this wether to look so sunken, but I do hope it is easily corrected.

I hope there is a diplomatic way to get the goat back without causing too much of a problem for everyone. In your opinion, was this an honest/ignorant mistake, or is it just pure neglect on the owners part? If the owner wants to continue to show (with or without your wether), would you be willing to make arrangements for the owner (if he was interested) to further his education with you & your father? That way - assuming he isn't being purposefully neglectful - he knows how this can be prevented in the future?

Edit: fat thumbs, random letters.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
42,525 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. My experience is all dairy goats, but not for show.

How long has that goat been there? OH, I found it. Five months .

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I almost feel like this goat might be in pain, nutrition definitely plays a role but I mean there might be more to the story like his back hurts or urinary calculi or hardware disease or something maybe is affecting him.
Yep we’ve Called this showman about the goat and we’re taking Our goat back hopefully we can get him back to health and find out what’s wrong with him

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sorry. That is very frustrating. I don't know anything about what would cause this wether to look so sunken, but I do hope it is easily corrected.

I hope there is a diplomatic way to get the goat back without causing too much of a problem for everyone. In your opinion, was this an honest/ignorant mistake, or is it just pure neglect on the owners part? If the owner wants to continue to show (with or without your wether), would you be willing to make arrangements for the owner (if he was interested) to further his education with you & your father? That way - assuming he isn't being purposefully neglectful - he knows how this can be prevented in the future?

Edit: fat thumbs, random letters.
Nope we contacted this young man telling him we will be picking up our wether and he will not be allowed to purchase from us in the future , we have goat all around the world that get sold and bought from us and this is the worse case of one of our wethers I have seen it’s very frustrating, I don’t get how that goat when from perf condition and beautiful shape , to looking very sunken in and in horrible shape .

·
Registered
593 Posts
If I buy a goat he's mine and ir is no business of the former owner what I do wth it. /rc If the seller came to me and demanded that I sell them the goat I might but the price would be the deciding factor. Does it work differently in the show-goat world???? It is easy to understand why one would not sell another goat to a person who damages the breeder;s image, but to DEMAND that the goat be returned?????

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I buy a goat he's mine and ir is no business of the former owner what I do wth it. /rc If the seller came to me and demanded that I sell them the goat I might but the price would be the deciding factor. Does it work differently in the show-goat world???? It is easy to understand why one would not sell another goat to a person who damages the breeder;s image, but to DEMAND that the goat be returned?????
He’s gave us permission to take our goat back , he’s said he’s gonna go purchase another goat from someone else, he understands why we are mad so I’m not just taking the goat he has given us permission to take the goat back

1 - 20 of 33 Posts