Homesteading Forum banner
241 - 260 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
So, @todd_xxxx‘s experience has been counter to yours, namely that the preponderance of women in your life have wanted something in exchange for sex other than the opportunity to have sex with you… and you’re the one offering experience advice?

Sometimes it’s best to say less and listen more. There’s always time to get your situation turned around.
Who died and made you the all knowing master of counsel?

I've never been one who has gone around trying to poke anything that walks.

I did not say the women in my life. I said, "I know for certainty of a woman who actually said that if a man wanted her company that he should be willing to pay for it."

I do not claim to be a PhD in interpersonal relations and last I saw this is a forum for opinions and relating of life experiences.

You say, "Sometimes it’s best to say less and listen more."

Take your own advice hypocrite.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you for proving my point.

According to you, it's easier to be a whore than to get a job and it's okay to use your genitals to get what you want from your spouse/boyfriend.
So, what is the difference between dropping $100 on dinner and a movie and paying her in cash???

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
My posting of this.

Sadly there are those who reduce themselves to this level because it is easier and cheaper to use their bodies as currency then it is to pay their own way.

Prompted you to respond with this.

They are using what they have and getting paid for it. That is paying their own way.
How is one to take it other than a reference to the use of the female genitalia in order to gain favors/revenue?

You then say this.

Not what I said at all. That is where you go in your mind.

You seldom post a complete thought and most of your postings are mere one line snark.

You are the epitome of, "I know, that you think you know, what you thought I said, but what I said, is not necessarily what I meant."

Attempting to have a reasoned discussion with you is like trying to catch a greased pig.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
So, what is the difference between dropping $100 on dinner and a movie and paying her in cash???
Aye, there's the rub.

It's an either or.

In our enlightened age of sexual equality there continues to be a rather large contingent that believes that the man is required to pay for everything.

And the other party gets to have their cake and eat it too.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Who died and made you the all knowing master of counsel?

I've never been one who has gone around trying to poke anything that walks.

I did not say the women in my life. I said, "I know for certainty of a woman who actually said that if a man wanted her company that he should be willing to pay for it."

I do not claim to be a PhD in interpersonal relations and last I saw this is a forum for opinions and relating of life experiences.

You say, "Sometimes it’s best to say less and listen more."

Take your own advice hypocrite.
In fairness, it seems you are the one being a little hypocritical. All I said initially is that, in my experience, women with that attitude are not common. Your response was a fairly dickly "you need to get out more". The response you just gave, and that I quoted, could apply quite aptly to your comment to me. I simply related that my experience was different than yours, and you felt the need to respond as you did. So, who died and made you the all knowing Master of counsel? Last I saw this is a forum for opinions and relating of life experiences.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
In fairness, it seems you are the one being a little hypocritical. All I said initially is that, in my experience, women with that attitude are not common. Your response was a fairly dickly "you need to get out more". The response you just gave, and that I quoted, could apply quite aptly to your comment to me. I simply related that my experience was different than yours, and you felt the need to respond as you did. So, who died and made you the all knowing Master of counsel? Last I saw this is a forum for opinions and relating of life experiences.
I said this.

I know for certainty of a woman who actually said that if a man wanted her company that he should be willing to pay for it.

That is the attitude of a prostitute.

If a woman feels that way about social engagements, it's no stretch to believe that she would use her genitalia as a means of controlling her spouse/boyfriend.

Hence weaponization.
You said this.

That attitude seems to me to be extremely uncommon.
"That attitude seems to me to be extremely uncommon." which you actually said, was not as you claimed to have said, " in my experience, women with that attitude are not common."

"That attitude seems to me to be extremely uncommon." Indicated to me a speculative opinion, whereas, " in my experience, women with that attitude are not common." would have indicated personal first-hand knowledge. If you had responded that your experience was in fact different from my own I would have acknowledged it as such.

However, since you did not say experience, you said seems, which I interpreted as a dismissal of my experiences, in response I said.

You must not get out much.
If my response offended your delicate sensibilities, oh well, perhaps you should make yourself more clear, before you pompously jump down my throat.

Physician heal thyself.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
many of us don’t need the government trough. We do contribute to filling it.

And without people like you our society would collapse.

Sadly the bureaucrats believe that filling the trough is more important than solving more important economic concerns.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I said this.

You said this.

"That attitude seems to me to be extremely uncommon." which you actually said, was not as you claimed to have said, " in my experience, women with that attitude are not common."

"That attitude seems to me to be extremely uncommon." Indicated to me a speculative opinion, whereas, " in my experience, women with that attitude are not common." would have indicated personal first-hand knowledge. If you had responded that your experience was in fact different from my own I would have acknowledged it as such.

However, since you did not say experience, you said seems, which I interpreted as a dismissal of my experiences, in response I said.

If my response offended your delicate sensibilities, oh well, perhaps you should make yourself more clear, before you pompously jump down my throat.

Physician heal thyself.
Fair enough, I forgot, once again, that posts are dissected word for word, looking for a reason to take offense, rather than looking at the intent. On the other hand, I don't see where my last post to you in any way indicates that you offended me, or that needed you to go on the attack, yet again, with phrases like "offended your delicate sensibilities, oh well". I don't think a reasonable person would say I pompously jumped down your throat either. Regardless, I doubt we will have a lot that we agree on, so it's probably easiest just to interact less.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Fair enough, I forgot, once again, that posts are dissected word for word, looking for a reason to take offense, rather than looking at the intent. On the other hand, I don't see where my last post to you in any way indicates that you offended me, or that needed you to go on the attack, yet again, with phrases like "offended your delicate sensibilities, oh well". I don't think a reasonable person would say I pompously jumped down your throat either. Regardless, I doubt we will have a lot that we agree on, so it's probably easiest just to interact less.
Perhaps so.

It would appear to be a you say tomato and I say tomahto situation

I do not look for reasons to be offended, however, when dealing with a computer screen, words and syntax is all one truly has to go on, as there is no face to face to read body language or vocal inflection. It has nothing to do with dissection seeking to take offence.

The fact that you chose to defend another poster and chastise me instead of clarifying your own post, indicates to me that you should have taken care of your own knitting and possibly have avoided the "need" for you to charge in on your steed in his defense.

Perhaps your squire can help you down from your high horse.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Perhaps so.

It would appear to be a you say tomato and I say tomahto situation

I do not look for reasons to be offended, however, when dealing with a computer screen, words and syntax is all one truly has to go on, as there is no face to face to read body language or vocal inflection. It has nothing to do with dissection seeking to take offence.

The fact that you chose to defend another poster and chastise me instead of clarifying your own post, indicates to me that you should have taken care of your own knitting and possibly have avoided the "need" for you to charge in on your steed in his defense.

Perhaps your squire can help you down from your high horse.
LOL, we were so close. Reading your first three paragraphs, I really thought that we were on the same page, and would be able to discuss things more easily in the future, possibly understanding each other a little more than we did previously. I should probably have known it couldn't be that easy, and sure enough, you went right back on the attack again,with the smug and condescending comments. I'm certain you will take this as insincere as well, but I truly feel bad for you that you live in a world where so many women use their bodies as weapons to get what they want, and nearly everyone you interact with has malicious intent. How sad when your default position is that most people are evil. And I sense you are about to protest too much.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I posted a list of depression-era sandwiches yesterday. My father in law said years ago that there would be fist fights to get a radish sandwich before the soup line ran out. That was real hunger.
Wouldn't happen today.
Let people be hungry a few weeks, it will go right back to the way it was in the past, fist fight for a radish sandwich. Hungry people will change their principles pretty fast. Human nature is what it is.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
LOL, we were so close. Reading your first three paragraphs, I really thought that we were on the same page, and would be able to discuss things more easily in the future, possibly understanding each other a little more than we did previously. I should probably have known it couldn't be that easy, and sure enough, you went right back on the attack again,with the smug and condescending comments. I'm certain you will take this as insincere as well, but I truly feel bad for you that you live in a world where so many women use their bodies as weapons to get what they want, and nearly everyone you interact with has malicious intent. How sad when your default position is that most people are evil. And I sense you are about to protest too much.
Not true.

I am very reasonably content.

Although I have had my share of disappointments, I do not hold others accountable for those past disappointments.

Each person gets a fresh page. I invest skin in the game because I have learned that nearly everyone talks a good game, however, few are willing to commit. I do give the benefit of a doubt, along with enough rope, however, I have a lifetime of experience and when I detect insincerity, I will draw back and see if the other person cares enough to seek me out.

Few have made the effort.

Reactions: todd_xxxx
241 - 260 of 281 Posts