Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My conservative views began a bit over seventy years ago. Born on June 7, 1951 to a farming family in the semi arid regions of central and eastern Oregon. My great grandparents and grandparents were very conservative homesteaders that believed in doing for ones self. They grubbed the sagebrush, chased the rattlesnakes off their land, leveled it for irrigation with teams of horses, mules, and sweat. They built farms using what they had. The motto was use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

it wasn’t just my family either. It’s how our communities survived the hard times.... not just survived but prospered!

I now have only stories to tell my grands of those days. A few old photos and the odd artifacts still laying in dark corners of the shop are about the only evidence of those folks lives.

well, other than my own lifetime of working for what I’ve got, scrimping and saving to hang onto it and build a better future for them.

yup, I’m a conservative, right down to my socks and proud to be in the company of such fine circles!

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,703 Posts
Life experience, family indoctrination, and lack of understanding of the history of liberal policies. (Awkward sentence. Need coffee.)

·
Registered
34,371 Posts
Life experience, family indoctrination, and lack of understanding of the history of liberal policies. (Awkward sentence. Need coffee.)
Them being a product of logical fallacies.

• Haha
Reactions: RJ2019

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
How Dr. Spock set the stage for today's thinking by many.

"Instead of stressing the importance of teaching self-denial and respect for authority, Spock emphasized accommodating children's feelings and catering to their preferences...As parents elevated feelings of expression....children became more outspoken, defiant and demanding of gratification. In fact, they came to view gratification as a right..."

This has opened the door to where we are today.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Why do conservative views not work for everyone?
Because conservative views come in the form of work clothes.

And these days most people don't want to work.

Or think.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Because conservative views come in the form of work clothes.

And these days most people don't want to work.

Or think.

View attachment 98301
You seem to want to make the argument that people with conservative views just want everyone left alone to live their lives when that is nowhere near the truth. People with conservative views are just as demanding that everyone think like them as you claim those with liberal views are.

·
Registered
34,371 Posts
You seem to want to make the argument that people with conservative views just want everyone left alone to live their lives when that is nowhere near the truth. People with conservative views are just as demanding that everyone think like them as you claim those with liberal views are.
You are simply projecting your belief system on others.

·
Premium Member
42,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ummmm... no. I honestly don’t care what other folks views are. Mine work for me. If your all good with killing babies, stealing your living from others, hating your country.... go for it!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

You very much appear to enjoy playing devil's advocate so much that you respond and claim things as fact that are merely the fruits of your own fevered, obviously liberal progressive imagination.

Tell me how often conservatives riot, tear down statues, destroy public property and sh*t in their own beds by burning down their own neighborhoods and then expect everybody else to clean up the mess and fix it for them like liberals do?

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
You very much appear to enjoy playing devil's advocate so much that you respond and claim things as fact that are merely the fruits of your own fevered, obviously liberal progressive imagination.

Tell me how often conservatives riot, tear down statues, destroy public property and sh*t on their own beds by burning down their own neighborhoods and then expecting everybody else to clean up the mess and fix it for them like liberals do?
What a short memory you seem to have. Remember the conservatives losing their minds over same sex marriage? I do. Remember the conservatives trying to impose their will on what a woman can do with her own body? I do. Remember the conservatives trying to force religion into the public school curriculum? I do. Remember the conservatives having a riot in the Capitol building? I do.

Maybe you should stop trying to claim that conservatives are all that is great and wonderful while liberals are the devil because it isn't true. Neither is the reverse.

·
Premium Member
42,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What a short memory you seem to have. Remember the conservatives losing their minds over same sex marriage? I do. Remember the conservatives trying to impose their will on what a woman can do with her own body? I do. Remember the conservatives trying to force religion into the public school curriculum? I do. Remember the conservatives having a riot in the Capitol building? I do.

Maybe you should stop trying to claim that conservatives are all that is great and wonderful while liberals are the devil because it isn't true. Neither is the reverse.
I don’t recall conservatives “ losing their minds “ over same sex marriage... I couldn’t care less what a woman does with “her” body.... I do mind if she kills and disposes of an innocent child’s body.
I remember growing up with religion in the public school system, no force needed. And no I don’t recall any conservatives having any riot in our nations capital building.

·
Premium Member
42,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How Dr. Spock set the stage for today's thinking by many.

"Instead of stressing the importance of teaching self-denial and respect for authority, Spock emphasized accommodating children's feelings and catering to their preferences...As parents elevated feelings of expression....children became more outspoken, defiant and demanding of gratification. In fact, they came to view gratification as a right..."

This has opened the door to where we are today.
My daddy raised me by spocks book. Sometimes he’d smack my bottom with it so hard my feet would come off the floor!

·
STILL not Alice
20,408 Posts
1 - 20 of 281 Posts