hypoglycemia natural herbs?

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by moopups, Jan 14, 2007.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Any thing work in that area?

2. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso Staff Member

Low blood sugar? Not sure if the blood sugar stabilizers that work for diabetes would do. I can do a quick google and see if anything turns up.

3. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso Staff Member

4. Marilyn in CO

Marilyn in CO Well-Known Member

I also like the chromium as well as aloe vera juice. My hubby has low blood sugar and for him those two items have been wonderful more than anything over the years and of course diet is of utmost importance. Be sure to get enough protein and eat often, protein very important for breakfast. Absolutely no soda, sugary foods, coffee or tea. Glycemic index on foods is very helpful. Vitamin B complex, Vit C and probiotics are good and also check for candida and food allergies.

5. Milkwitch

Milkwitch Well-Known Member

Fenugreek is said to be very good regulating blood sugar. I use it for digestion and have found that my blood sugar has become better.

6. mainer

mainer Well-Known Member

Milkwitch,how are you taking fenugreek-as tea,infusion or what? also what amount?

7. Milkwitch

Milkwitch Well-Known Member

Tea. I put about a tablespoon full in a bigish cup, (boiling water of course). I personaly like the taste of it, usealy by the time I get to it is cool/cold. I just drink it as I pass, when the liquid is gone I like the consistancey of the little soaked seeds, so I also eat those. I use the seed kind, but also have the powder and like it too. It can be used a food , like slippery elm bark, so you can't get too much. It is a regulator rather than a fixer/drug.
    Oh yes and I have it every few days, or when I think of it. I find that I will want it sometimes... I feel it is my bodying needing it maybe. I am sure having it everyday will not hurt.

8. culpeper

culpeper Well-Known Member

Avoid alcohol, sweets, and caffeine. These cause headahces and other hypglycaemic symptoms. Eat frequent, small meals, and snack on nuts and seeds between mealtimes to maintain the blood sugar.

Use any of the following herbs to relieve symptoms: Liquorice root, Juniper berries, Garlic, Dandelion, Cayenne, Alfalfa, Kelp, Hawthorn berries, Horseradish root.

Eat 2 small Apples after each meal.

Take Valerian root to ease headache pain.

http://healthwwweb.com/cgi-bin/request2.pl?file=hypoglyc.htm