Hypoglycemia Fix ~ Recipe

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by largentdepoche, Jan 22, 2007.

1. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

I took this recipe and made it lowcarb and packed full of protein. Also I hate green peppers LOL!

1/4 cup chicken shredded
    2 pieces of cheese
    1 egg

Dump all the ingrediants into a microwaveable coffee mug. Break yolk and mix egg around with the stuff. Microwave for one minute, then sprinkle with alittle salt. Whala!

I ate this last night when my blood sugar tanked and it was REALLY good! Not to mention cleanup is a breeze LOL!

Kat

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Same disorder here, the first thing I do is finger dip my jar of peanut butter, its last about 20 or more minutes which gives me time to seek something more long lasting, and it can be stored on the desk top for instant access.

3. LamiPub

LamiPub Ami

peanut butter on grain toast and small glass of milk always does the trick for me.

4. Nan

Nan Well-Known Member

I keep almonds in the freezer and a baggie of them in my purse...and when I feel that awful low blood sugar feeling I eat a hand full of those. If I am out of almonds I eat a tsp. full of peanut butter or drink a glass of milk.

Your recipe sounds like a good breakfast when you are in a hurry!

5. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

Aren't you suppose to eat some kind of hard candy or a 1/2c or orange juice if you have a bout with hypoglycemia?

6. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

old advice. now it's eat protein as it lasts longer. that's a handy recipe to keep on hand. even a bowl of hard boiled eggs in the fridge would work, or sliced deli meat to grab and chew. when i had the problem the peanut butter was too hard to swallow fast. raw almonds work good for me, and also make a healthy snack if a meal is late.

too much sugar at once causes an immediate rise in blood sugar, which is good if you find someone in a diabetic coma. any simple sugar you can get in under their tongue that will dissolve fast is good.

however, what that does is set the person up for another crash pretty soon as the sugar is used up.

for day to day control, protein can't be beat. it's not immediate, but goes to work in a minute or two. unless you are out cold on the floor that's fast enough, and you won't get the drop later.

i'll say it once again, if you are having blood sugar fluctuations like that, you are not in control. i have to guess you are eating too many simple carbs, from somewhere. :shrug:

7. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

:D I do have glucose pill for a quick fix if we're out in the car, but I try to eat regularly. Hubby has gotten older and is having problems with his sugars also so it's hard getting him to eat on normal meal times.

I love pb too :D Sadly it's salted and kind of strange here but oddly addicting lol.

Kat

8. ovendoctor

ovendoctor north of the lift bridge

ya I deal with this too
    eye site gets all messed up,goes fuzzy arround the edges :baby04:
    thanks for the tips on food to eat for a quick fix

9. Oceanrose

Oceanrose Driftin' Away

I have problems with hypoglycemia, but if I eat correctly I don't have symptoms even when I go without food and work hard for several hours. The biggest thing - cutting out sugar and refined carbs as much as I can. I eat salads/veggies, lean protein, nuts, whole grains and the like and have no problems. No potatoes, white breads, rice etc etc etc.