Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They said it couldn't be done, but my Cornish are straight up silly and hyper. They've spent the day running back and forth around my house and in my garden. I went out to give them some liver to see if they'd eat it (um, no.) and I got mobbed. They were jumping and climbing all over me. Hilarious. For once I had my camera!

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
Glad you are having fun with your food. They will be active like a regular chicken give feed is restricted and growth is slowed down. Yes, they will eat and eat and yes as they get older they will stink if they are confined. Keep them moved to fresh ground daily and they will not stink. Enjoy them now and in 8 weeks.

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
For future reference..
DON'T let them climb on you that way.

Eye balls are very shiny and glistening and they move back and forth.
My husband lost a huge chunk out of his sclera (white of the eye) and I cannot tell you how out of control with pain he was. I have seen him injured and hurt, but nothing like this.

I thought I was cool because I had glasses. NOPE!
My eye injury was even worse because the bird went in from the side and made a slice across the lens of my right eye.
Ow!
And the slice took years to heal and even now I cannot rub that eye. Ever.
Or it feels like the first time all over again.

We were lucky in that we didn't get infections etc..

And chickens are fast! They are fast enough to catch a hopping grasshopper.
They can totally get to your eye before you even notice.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warning. I don't plan on making this a habit. it was just a suprise occurance that i bent down and got tackled by that many chickens. i had one or two jump on my before but the half the flock was just silly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts