Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to read the thread "hydroxychloroquine again" and found that "You do nothave permission"

Have we been censored again? Must I go directly to the Newsweek site to read the facts?

I am aware that the internet powers that be are desperate to keep this pandemic alive, but I never thought the net would stoop so low as to permit people to die rather than lose an election.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I tried to read the thread "hydroxychloroquine again" and found that "You do nothave permission"

Have we been censored again? Must I go directly to the Newsweek site to read the facts?

I am aware that the internet powers that be are desperate to keep this pandemic alive, but I never thought the net would stoop so low as to permit people to die rather than lose an election.
Its not the internet powers. It is certain members that make issues they disagree with political that puts debate into the dark room, even if it shouldn't be poltical.

·
Administrator
19,104 Posts

You are posting in a privately owned group, with established and posted rules. Threads are moved or deleted if those rules have been broken.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think that part of the original problem/question stems from the fact that when a thread is moved to "The Dark Rooms" a redirect link stays in the original location for a period of time. If someone clicks on the redirect link, but has not requested access to "The Dark Rooms", or doesn't realize they need to request access, or the access isn't currently granted, they will be blocked from viewing the thread.
Some of this has been alluded to in previous posts, but wasn't explicitly stated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think that part of the original problem/question stems from the fact that when a thread is moved to "The Dark Rooms" a redirect link stays in the original location for a period of time. If someone clicks on the redirect link, but has not requested access to "The Dark Rooms", or doesn't realize they need to request access, or the access isn't currently granted, they will be blocked from viewing the thread.
Some of this has been alluded to in previous posts, but wasn't explicitly stated.
Yeah. I requested access to the Dark Rooms a while ago and got denied because I'm too new (which is perfectly fair) -- but the reason why I requested access to begin with is because those threads were appearing in my email digests. I could literally read parts of the conversation but couldn't finish reading them or respond to them.

Wondering if the new forum software will allow content in that forum to be actively excluded from digests and not auto-create forwarding links for moved topics (or warn that it's a locked forum).

·
Unapologetically me
20,718 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It really does not matter all that much. There are other forums and other sites where one can discuss these matters.

It is pretty plain that people who control the internet can and will direct their influence as they please. Just watch the reaction to the Pres's declaration that no drug in this country can be sold at prices higher than the company sells them OUTSIDE this country.

·
Registered
27,503 Posts
It really does not matter all that much. There are other forums and other sites where one can discuss these matters.

It is pretty plain that people who control the internet can and will direct their influence as they please. Just watch the reaction to the Pres's declaration that no drug in this country can be sold at prices higher than the company sells them OUTSIDE this country.
Get access.

Some people here have created a game out of getting threads bounced into the restricted access area. They do it because their arguments are weak, or they lose the debate.

Three or four people afre doing this and ruining it for everyone.

·
Premium Member
23,588 Posts
Get access.

Some people here have created a game out of getting threads bounced into the restricted access area. They do it because their arguments are weak, or they lose the debate.

And yet those people are given a wink-wink despite the "rules of the forum".

I was going to post that it (hydroxywhatever) is now banned for covid treatment in Ohio but our governor pulled another of his flip-flops and allowed it again. The use of any medication should be governed by the doctor and patient, not a politician who is starting to panic.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,262 Posts
Get access.

You just posted someone is full of hate. That will get a thread tossed. Are you including yourself in that group working towards that end?

·
Registered
27,503 Posts
You just posted someone is full of hate. That will get a thread tossed. Are you including yourself in that group working towards that end?
I just posted a fact

You are the one offering a hateful interpretation

·
Registered
27,503 Posts
Careful, they have already quoted Senator Mazie Hirono's cue card of smears.
I know. They unload the SJW vocab list on you at every turn. They have worn out those words.

·
Saltine American
5,944 Posts
I know. They unload the SJW vocab list on you at every turn. They have worn out those words.
It's pathetic since they have been doing it for 40 years. It doesn't bother me and I think it reflects on what they think of their supporters.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts