Husky in heat... question

Discussion in 'Working and Companion Animals' started by dragonfly1113, Jan 6, 2007.

1. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 Well-Known Member

My husky came into heat a month earlier than I expected. I usually dont pay much attention to the way a heat cycle goes so I need to know....
    how she will react at the different stages. She tries to break out every time she comes into heat but it is only at a certain time during her cycle she does it. I am not sure when that is so what I need to know is when or what week of it is she going to be going nuts for IT. She is bleeding right now. I THINK this is week one but I dont know because I never pay attention because I am not going to breed her. I so need to get her fixed. so somebody please tell me how this works.... I think it is a week coming in, aweek in, and a week going out????? And where is she at this point? My electric fence (made for dogs) is not working so I may have to close her up in a building and I really hate to do that and she hates it too.
    OH, I would go ahead and take her to be fixed but my car is in the shop getting the transmission fixed and that is another reason SHE CAN NOT GET OUT.

2. NightmareRanch

NightmareRanch Well-Known Member

A female dog will typically stand for breeding starting around day nine or ten. However, all girls are different and the same girl may vary from cycle to cycle. We keep our girls locked up for the entire three weeks, no exceptions. Because you just never know.

Jess

3. Windy_jem

Windy_jem Well-Known Member Supporter

And yes, they CAN get pregnant through a fence...be careful!