Hurricane Help

Discussion in 'Goats' started by moosemaniac, Sep 9, 2005.

1. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

I posted a notice elsewhere asking about goat breeders in the hurricane devasted area. I got a response and here's the list of items needed desparately. If anyone wants to help, let me know and I'll get the info you need to you.

Ruth, All these folks will appreciate any kind of help you want to give...it's the thought afterall. It's amazing to me how the goat folks have come together to help the people down here...just amazing...

The items on the list are things that are desperately needed besides feed for goats & livestock in MS & AL...not sure about the critters in LA...the things I'm listing are things that are very hard to find here right now...and needed badly!

dewormers (all the water has brought on a new population of worms)

today & tomorrow products or any other kind of mastitis products (the stress of the storm has caused alot of mastitis & miscarriages in goats)

feed

mineral, salt, sulfer etc..

nipples & milk replacers for orphaned babies

electrolytes

probios

baking soda

nutra drench or red cell

antibiotics ( lots of pnemonia, colds, coughs, infections..etc)

vit b complex injectable

powdered colostrum products

syringes & needles (not sure if these could be sent through the mail tho)

any kind of used or new milking equipment

ANY help is very much appreciated...I don't like to deal with money but if that's how you wish to help..I'll accept it and let you know what it went towards buying..most likely it will be spent on fencing or building supplies...for those who lost fences or shelters..I know that would be easier to send in some cases...

Thanks so much!

2. moosemaniac

Just trying to keep this thread going. Lot's of views, no responses. This is sincere. And I'd bet if people asked, you'd find horse breeders, cattle and sheep breeders, etc. in dire need down there. I'm packing a care package tomorrow, what little I can gather by then. I'm hoping to send a lot more from then on until they get things semi normal down there.
    So come on, you guys! Help out!

Ruth

3. titansrunfarm

titansrunfarm The Awesome PT & Friends

Do they need people to "foster" goats? I'd be willing and have plenty of space. Do you have an address where to send the stuff they need?

4. moosemaniac

I have an address. I'll send it to you in a PM. I don't feel comfortable broadcasting people's addresses all over otherwise.

Ruth

5. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

I'd appreciate a shipping address as well.

6. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

I also can house goats. I can not transport though. I do have a large bottle of dewormer that is due to expire this month. I will ship it out as soon as I get an address.
    steff

7. Ellie5

Ellie5 Well-Known Member

I have some powdered colostum I can send, maybe some outdated medicine, too. Please send me the info.

on another note, I wonder if any of the livestock suppiers would be willing to start a disaster relief "account" where we could all send our donations, then the livestock supplier would ship it where it's needed most? Donations would go a lot further than each of us paying individual shipping charges.....If such an account exists I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Just a thought.

8. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member