Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/find-provides-evidence-of-neanderthal-intelligence-scientists-say/

I can't help finding this sort of thing funny. For a couple of centuries, Neanderthals were what most people called the brutish amoung us. To be called a knuckle dragging Neanderthal was a pretty sharp comment on one's intellect. In fact it was suggestive of not even having an intellect at all.

Then came the DNA studies that found we have a bit of the knuckle dragger in all of us. Well, at least everyone not of pure sub Saharan origin.

Now scientists are in the process of giving Neanderthals a 'knuckle lift'. There have been a spate of 'Neanderthals were better than we thought' findings. Of course based on the same archeological artifacts we had before.

A sort of Mark Twain humor in this, I think. So I best pick my knuckles up off the ground. I've already started filling in the ethnic identity forms to mark mixed and fill in the little line to add Neanderthal. No one has been so politically incorrect as to question it so far.

Reactions: Tricky Grama

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
.............Anthony Fucci , head of the Agency for Disease Control said that the new experimental vaccines were working "in monkey's" over in Africa so may be there is hope that the same benefits will carry over to the local population as well ! , fordy

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Hey, Neanderthals still live among us. The one in the WH is living proof.

·
Registered
10,907 Posts
Hey, Neanderthals still live among us. The one in the WH is living proof.

I would prefer that you do not insult that noble prehistoric race. The Whitehouse occupant is a much lower life form.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts