Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pyromaniac Weaponologist
207 Posts
Ice crystals in the upper atmosphere refracting the moons light. Kinda like a trillion tiny lenses.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
It means bad weather is coming. (for the superstitious, which I'm not, knock on wood. LOL)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ring around the moon, snow or rain soon.

The number of stars in the ring supposedly represent how many days the weather will last.

Shelly

·
Registered
157 Posts
I see it, and I dunno what it means. It is soooooooo huge that if I counted all of the stars in it, we would be in for some SERIOUS weather!

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
well the night we buried my nephew there was a very large ring around the moon. Our young cousin told my younger nephew that the ring Was Gods way of telling him his brother had made it to heaven.
Over the years I have always taken notice of the moon after burying family members, Ive noticed that the ring is there for many no matter what the time of year or weather conditions .
So Im of a firm belief that the words of our three year old cousin to my eight year old nephew were true (why shouldnt they have been the child hadnt been out of Gods hand as long as we adults have)

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
well the night we buried my nephew there was a very large ring around the moon. Our young cousin told my younger nephew that the ring Was Gods way of telling him his brother had made it to heaven.
Over the years I have always taken notice of the moon after burying family members, Ive noticed that the ring is there for many no matter what the time of year or weather conditions .
So Im of a firm belief that the words of our three year old cousin to my eight year old nephew were true (why shouldnt they have been the child hadnt been out of Gods hand as long as we adults have)
Leave it up to kids to see God in many things. Us old hardhearted adults need to pay more attention to our kids and stop taking God forgranted. Wonder why Jesus said,except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Eddie

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
There is a huge ring around the moon tonight. Does anyone know what that means?
i was always taught that a ring around the moon meant weather (bad weather) was comming. the closer the ring was to the moon the closer the weather was ( the sooner it would get here). the old ones followed the signs in the sky and the land to tell the weather long before the weather man on the news came along and they usually were closer than all the computers. around here their lives depended on being as right as possibel.

dean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts