Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have several fires going on in town now.There was a fire in town last night.
There are at least 10 fire departments trying to put them out.My husband just called he said that they just called in for more help. Its a small town and I'm guessing that it could be an arson most of the buildings are either connected or very close to gather.Please pray that God will keep our firemen safe and that no lives are lost. Im waiting to see if Im needed.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Praying.

My dh is a fireman too!

Gosh that's a lot of fires!!! They have their work cut out.

Our scanner just went off a few minutes ago but they needed people to set up a landing zone at the village school for the life flight helicopter that's coming in. Enough people responded so hubby decided to stay home.

Hope yours stays safe.

Pauline

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
May God protect the firefighters, people and the property.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I certainly can sympathize. We have a rash of brush fires here every year. I am praying that everyone is safe from harm!
God Bless,
Michele

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
That is terrible. Why do people want to do things like that? It looks like the good news is that no one was injured. Prayers going out to everyone who suffered property loss at the hands of this jerk. Kudos to the firemen!

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
prayers here! I'll never understand the thought process of some people...they just seem so hateful.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They caught the man that did it... :dance:

SPRUCE PINE, N.C. (AP) -- Authorities charged a Spruce Pine man with arson today in connection with four fires that damaged several downtown buildings in the small mountain town.

Forty-four-year-old David Kenneth McCall was charged with nine felony counts. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives says McCall faces charges of arson, burning a commercial building and breaking and entering.

McCall faces a maximum sentence of 23 years in prison if convicted on all charges.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I wonder about his (if he in fact is the guilty party) motives and if it has anything to do with the Gem Festival that was going on at the time.

The McDowell News today reported that some people are saying that 10 fires were lit but that only 2 of them grew into large blazes.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I havent heard any thing about possible motives. This guy lives with in a block of where the fires started.

There has been talk of traces of gas along most of the buildings. So it could have been much worse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts