Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Very Dairy
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't get around to listing a sale this summer, so this one is TWICE as big! Rules are the same as always: Media mail shipping is $2 for the first book and $1 for each additional. If you buy a few, I'll estimate a cost -- I'm not trying to make a buck off shipping. Outside the US, please contact me for a shipping quote. Payment by cash, MO, check or Paypal -- please add 50 cents when using Paypal to defray transaction cost. Abbreviations are as follows: EX- excellent condition, VG- very good, G- good, F- fair, PB - paperback, HC - hardcover. Please post your orders as replies to this thread, so that others can see which books have been spoken for. I will PM you within 24 hours with cost including shipping and payment information. I almost always ship within 1 business day of receiving payment. Hope you see something you like!!

Gardening
“Country Flowers,” subtitled, “Wild classics for the contemporary garden,” by Rob Proctor. HC, 1991, 160pp., vg. $2
"Simon & Schuster's Guide to Garden Flowers," PB, 1983, 510pp., G. Over 500 photos, plus growing and propagation tips. $2
“Pantyhose, Hot Peppers, Tea Bags and More – For the Garden,” subtitled, “1,001 ingenious ways to use common household items to control weeds, beat pests, cook compost, solve problems, make tricky jobs easy and save time.” Rodale Press HC, 2005, 316pp., VG. $2
"The Victory Garden Landscape Guide," by Thomas Wirth. PB, 1984, 260pp., VG. $2
“Tips for the Lazy Gardener,” by Linda Tilgner. Storey Publications HC, 1985, 124pp., VG. $1
“Rodale’s Illustrated Encyclopedia of Perennials,” by Ellen Phillips. HC, 1993, 530pp., VG. $3

Recipes

"Sundays at the Moosewood Restaurant," subtitled, "Ethnic and regional recipes from the cooks at the legendary restaurant." PB, 1990, 730pp., VG. $3
"The Heritage of Southern Cooking," by Camille Glenn. A 550-recipe tour of Southern cuisine. PB, 1986, 490pp., F. $3
“Taste of Home’s Quick Cooking 2002 Annual Recipes,” by Reimann Publications. HC, 350pp. VG. I love these collections! Lots of sensible recipes here. $3
“Blue Ribbon Recipes,” subtitled, “Award-winning recipes from America’s country fairs,” by Polly Bannister. PB (published by the Old Farmer’s Almanac), 1997, 160pp., EX. $2
"Cooking Lighthouse Style," subtitled, "Favorite recipes from coast to coast," by Frederick Stonehouse. PB, 2003, 233pp., VG. $2
“Quick Gifts of Good Taste,” by Leisure Arts Publishing. HC, 1994,. 128pp., EX. Recipes and creative packaging ideas for sauces, jams, etc. If you make gift baskets or sell at a farmers’ market, you may find this book useful. $2
“The Food of New Orleans,” by John DeMers. HC, 1997, 138pp., VG. $1
“Favorite Indian Food,” by Diane Seed. PB, 1990, 126pp., G. $1
“Country Tea Parties,” by Maggie Stuckey. HC, 1996, 64pp., EX. Recipes and serving suggestions for girly parties. If you’re planning a shower, you might find this book helpful. $1
“In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto,” by Michael Pollan. PB, 2009, 256pp., VG. An examination of the Western diet and recommendations for a healthier alternative. $2

Construction, Crafts, How-To
“Country Gifts: Handmade & Homebaked,” by Eileen Westfall. HC, 1994, 190pp., VG. $2
“Holiday Touches for the Country Home,” by Leisure Arts Publishing. Hc, 1999, 126pp., VG. Lots of projects including some nice crossstitch. $1
“Simple Wire & Metal Style,” by Deborah Morrell. HC, 1998, 110pp., VG. Instructions for 20 projects including Xmas ornaments and a glass jar lantern. $2
“Polymer Claywork,” by Mary Maguire. HC, 1998, 96pp., VG. Projects range from jewelry to Xmas ornaments. $1
“The Good Housekeeping Needlecraft Encyclopedia,” HC, 1947, 476pp., G. Neat vintage book. $3
“Hip to Crochet,” subtitled, “23 contemporary projects for today’s crocheter,” by Judith Swartz. PB, 2004, 122p, F. $1
"Family Circle's Big Book of Christmas," PB, 2000, 160pp., G. Recipes, gifts, decorating ideas. $1

Miscellaneous
"Arrowheads and Projectile Points," by Lar Hothem. PB, 1983, 224pp., VG. Hundreds of photos documenting styles and origins. $3
“The Complete Idiot’s Guide to the American Revolution,” by Alan Axelrod, Ph.D. PB, 2000, 396pp., G. Fun read! $2
“Graveyard of the Atlantic,” subtitled, “Shipwrecks of the North Carolina coast,” by David Stick. HC, 1952 (but looks like a modern reprint), 275pp., EX. $2
“Strangers in the Land: Patterns of American Nativism, 1860-1925,: by John Higham. PB, 1988, 431pp., EX. $2
“Homestead: The Glory and Tragedy of an American Steel Town,” by William Serrin. HC, 1992, 447pp., G. $2
"The Homestead Strike of 1892," by Arthur G. Burgoyne. PB, 1989, 32-pp., G. $1
“Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee,” subtitled, “An Indian history of the American West,” by Dee Brown. PB, 2001, 512pp., EX. $2
"An Execution in the Family: One Son's Journey," by Robert Merropol, son of Ethel and Julius Rosenberg. HC, 2003, 271pp., VG. $2
“The Battle for Rome,” subtitled, “The Germans, the Allies, the Partisans and the Pole, Sept. 1943-June 1944,” by Robert Katz. HC, 2003, 413pp., VG. $2
“The House by the Dvina: A Russian Childhood,” by Eugenie Fraser. PB, 1984, 331pp., G. Life around the time of the Russian Revolution. $1
"The Gentleman's Daughter," subtitled, "Women's lives in Georgian England," by Amanda Vickery. PB, 1998, 436pp., VG. $2
“Atlas Shrugged,” by Ayn Rand. PB, 1996 reprint, 1070pp., EX. The classic Objectivist novel! $2

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would like to purchase these books, if they are still available.
Please give me a total for postage.
Herbal Drugstore-$2
The Dancing Healers-$1
Like Grandma Used To Make-$3
A Day in an Amish Kitchen-$2
Thank you,
Akitt

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi Willow,

If the following are still available, would you please set them aside for me?

Thanks,
SC

“The Pleasure of Herbs,” $2

“Prairie Kitchen Sampler,” $3

“The New American Farm Cookbook,” $3

“Outstanding in the Field,” $3

“Too Many Tomatoes, Squash, Beans and Other Good Things,” $2

“Pickled, Potted and Canned,” $2

“Preserves & Pickles,” $2

“The Old-Fashioned Cookbook,” $2

“Country Harvest,” $3

"Cooking with Garlic," $1

“Better Homes and Gardens Stir-Fries,” $1

“Diet for a Small Planet,” $1

“Earl Mindell’s Herb Bible,” $1

"Back to Basics," $3

"Building Small Barns, Sheds & Shelters," $2

“Complete Kitchen Book,” $2

“The Complete Soapmaker,” $2

“Horse Power,” $3

"Guns, Germs and Steel," subtitled, "The Fates of Human Societies," $2

"Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed," $3

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I would like Whitetail Wisdom for $2 for my grandson, good future Christmas present.

The Ultimate Soup Bible for $6 for myself! Seen this in the book store and i wanted it bad but I'm didn't't have extra cash.

So that makes it $11?

thank you!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I would like "garden flower folklore", $2, "gifts and crafts from the garden", $2, and "the birdhouse book", $2.
All for my daughter's Christmas lol.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Can I purchase the following (if they aren't already spoken for?)

“The Art of Fine Baking,” by Paula Peck. HC, 1961, 319pp., G. One for collectors of vintage cookbooks! $2

“Amana Colony Recipes,” subtitled, “Family-size recipes of the foods prepared and served in the Amana Villages for over a century.” HC, 1948, 110pp., VG. $2

“Tassajara Cooking,” by Zentatsu Baker-Roshi. PB, 1973, 252pp., F. Zen Buddhist-inspired recipes. $1

“Battle Maps of the Civil War,” by Richard O’Shea. HC, 1994, 175pp., EX. Would make a nice gift book. $3

"The Diary of a Dead Man," subtitled, "The unedited diary and letters of Ira Pettit, a Union private, who fought on the battlefields of Chancellorsville, Gettysburg and the Wilderness, and who died in the squalor of Andersonville prison." PB, 1976, 433pp., G. $2

"The Secret Eye," subtitled, "The Journal of Ella Gertrude Clanton Thomas, 1848-1889," HC, 1990, 468pp. Diary of a Southern plantation mistress before and after the Civil War. $3

"The Nazi Officer's Wife," subtitled, "How one Jewish woman survived the Holocaust," by Edith Hahn Beer. PB, 1998, 3055pp., G. Good read! $2
Are these still available?

·
Registered
980 Posts
“Pantyhose, Hot Peppers, Tea Bags and More – For the Garden,” subtitled, “1,001 ingenious ways to use common household items to control weeds, beat pests, cook compost, solve problems, make tricky jobs easy and save time.” Rodale Press HC, 2005, 316pp., VG. $2

"The Heritage of Southern Cooking," by Camille Glenn. A 550-recipe tour of Southern cuisine. PB, 1986, 490pp., F. $3

“Atlas Shrugged,” by Ayn Rand. PB, 1996 reprint, 1070pp., EX. The classic Objectivist novel! $2
Do you still have these available? If so I would like to buy them. Thanks.

·
STILL not Alice
19,808 Posts
If you still have these, I'd like to buy them.

“The House by the Dvina: A Russian Childhood,” by Eugenie Fraser. PB, 1984, 331pp., G. Life around the time of the Russian Revolution. $1

“Favorite Indian Food,” by Diane Seed. PB, 1990, 126pp., G. $1

That's $8, right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts