Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not bad really, just irritating. :) Which you want first? ;)

OK, the bad. Two of the things I got at the thrift store yesterday that I love so much are flannel shirts. Already broke in, warm and soft and cozy! One is a blue/green/red plaid, not my favorite, but it's a nice one, well made. The other is a soft robin's-egg blue & white plaid. Well the DH says that only lesbians wear flannel shirts. Dummy. :mad: I like them. They're warm, comfy, casual. He says I oughtn't wear them to school or else everyone will think I like girls. :flame:

Whatever. I'm sure he was just yanking my chain, but it kind of got on my nerves. You know?

Later this evening, I was lying down having a rest and he took the manicure set he got me for Christmas and did my right hand. Not a big deal really, just filed my nails, buffed them, rubbed oil into the cuticles. But it was such a loving, unexpected gesture.

I guess it goes along with what Jill Costello said in her post about men needing to make sure their wives feel appreciated - just a small gesture means so much. It's so true.

So that's my little soap opera episode of the day. :p

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
42,238 Posts
So, all the women who live in cold climates and have enough brains to try to dress warmly are lesbians?

Tell him to grow up.

:flame:

Then ask him....

So What?

·
If I need a Shelter
21,617 Posts
I know a few lesbians, none of them wear flannel, I wear flannel, yet I am not a lesbian, hmmm
Yea I know one that wears Western Shirts and another that wears Sweatshirst with the sleaves cut off.

Oh well,wear your Flannel Shirts,Carry,your Bilfold on a Chain and don't forget your Cowboy Boots.Just make sure to have short hair.:rock:

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
ok hmmmm this is coming from a man that is nick named mr. pink. I have never associated flannel with lesbian, but a man even nowing how to do a manicure that borders on gay. course this is just mho. it was a nice thing he did for you though.

greg

·
Can't stop thinkin'
1,267 Posts
Well that explains alot! I always thought flannel was meant to keep you warm; not find you a girlfriend.

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok hmmmm this is coming from a man that is nick named mr. pink. I have never associated flannel with lesbian, but a man even nowing how to do a manicure that borders on gay. course this is just mho. it was a nice thing he did for you though.

greg
LOL, you know, I never even thought of that! He doesn't know how to give a manicure though, he was just using the stuff he bought me because he was there when the saleslady demoed it. He sure wasn't very good at it. :)

But it's funny, while he was doing it we were both making cracks about how to do a MAN-icure, sort of like Tim Taylor would do with the Binford 5000 Manicure Set - like a dremel setup - brrrrrrrrr! Now that's a SHINE! :D

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
I try not to wear flannel shirts. It does something weird to my dh. Then I end up with a realy big stomach and another mouth to feed. lol
My dh loves flannel shirts, levies, and cowgirl boots.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I hope he did your left hand, too! :)

·
aka RamblinRoseRanc :)
5,066 Posts
I try not to wear flannel shirts. It does something weird to my dh. Then I end up with a realy big stomach and another mouth to feed. lol
My dh loves flannel shirts, levies, and cowgirl boots.
hahahahahahaaa!
I'm literally laughing out loud here.Your comment reminded me of that study done a while back, about men finding the scents of vanilla and cinnamon amorous. All three of our kids were born Sept/October. YOU count back nine months!

*worried look around*

Edayna, ask your husband about women who wear vintage men's western shirts. What are they? My husband seems to like 'em and doesn't worry about my gender choices :)

Vintage western shirt buttoned to right below the waist (frequently they don't meet over my hips- guess those ol' boys didn't have birthin' hips huh? Yes, that very compliment (?) was given to my by my OB while I was pregnant with our first at age 15/16. lol), faded ol' jeans and my boots- either pointy-toed or rounded. Ahhh... comfort!

Men sure can be goobers sometmes!

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
I find that I dress like my Great Aunts did (old mountain women)
Workable pants, an 'under shirt (short sleeves if warm, turtleneck if cold) and a flannel or fleece over shirt.
I know I am NOT sexy in them, but...., but...... it works! Plus DH at least is kind enough not to openly tell me I am not attractive in them:)

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
The man has a hand fettish...call a lawyer quick and divorce him;-)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Well tell him that flannel shirts are sexy! I love my flannel, couldn't live without it.
Jeans, a tee-shirt and a flannel unbuttoned. Throw on some boots and I could dress like that every day.

And one of my best friends, who IS a lesiban, would not be caught dead in flannel.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
what, an irritating, chain yanking man? Married to someone whose chain he can yank? Isn't that part of the wedding vows? 'to have, hold, yank your chain til death do us . . . .' :^)

He does it to get your goat . . . . thank him profusely for the half manicure, and say nothing about his wise cracks. It's kind of like training a puppy= praise praise praise for the good stuff. Ignore the mistakes.

That plaid shirt that's blue sounds divine!
Sherry in Maine

1 - 18 of 18 Posts