Hubby is so mad....

Discussion in 'Goats' started by jill.costello, Mar 2, 2005.

1. jill.costello

jill.costello Well-Known Member

Hey all-
    I HAD tell someone this before I busted... I'll try to incorporate something goat-related to make it appropriate for the forum..

Hubby was complaining ALLLL DAY yesterday of a headache; I did everything I possibly could to help him. I delivered Advil, I brewed tea, I kept the dogs quiet. By nighttime, he had gotten a little pathetic about it, so in exasperation I said "Baby, I've figured it out... you've got Tenia Cephalotia...." he asked "what is that in english?" I said "It's a brain worm, you get it from the horses." and I walked out of the room..... trying to control my snickering, I went back about 90 seconds later and said, straight-faced, "I'm going to have to dose you with Ivomec; those Advil aren't going to do crap." The look on his face absolutely perfect and as I climbed into bed next to him; I cracked up. He swears revenge. I think it was completely worth it. Now, I'm going out to my GOATS.

2. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Whiney husbands need goat cheese to go with it !!!

If he is still sick by all means hide in the barn......

Mine is such a drag when he is sick....can you imagine where we'd be if men had to give birth??? :rolleyes:

3. tduerson

tduerson Well-Known Member

Jill,

Your Husband sounds like mine. Men tend to "Milk It" when they get sick. I am a stay at home mom and I think it is amazing how when Husband's get sick they simply stay home from work and lay around all day. When a stay at home mom gets sick they have to go on. The house work never ends and the kids are always hungry or just needs mom's attention for some reason or the other. My husband does help around the house alot when he is home, but it makes me sick when people say and think that stay at home moms have it made. Our jobs don't end after 8 hours. It is non-stop. I am on the move from the time I get out of bed until I lay back down at night. I sometimes wish I had a 8 hour job, but then my house and kids would be waiting when I got home. Well, thanks for the Post, it give me a reason to vent alittle bit.

Hope your Hubby is feeling better.

Tina

4. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Oh that was a GOOD one. Brings back memories of my married days and reminds me of why my ex is my EX! ;)

5. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

I am a stay at home mom, of goat babies, kitchen babies , at that. I am worn out. hubby gets home intime for last bottle, ad he is tired, does he have to milk? he needs his down time, yeah right, i clean pee, poop all day, feed pasturize the milk, feed the babies, and a;; the rest, plus, wash , clean , cook, give me a break, and he is always hruting, someplace, give me a break here. lazy is the word for him at home, just flat out lazy.

6. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Me thinks the husbands are all brothers under the skin...

Good thing they dont smell like boy goats...I'd really have to give him the boot then :rolleyes:

7. Rosarybeads

Rosarybeads Well-Known Member

LOL, oh that is sooo good, sounds like something I would pull. :)

My hubby is on the other side of the coin, he will go to work if he has the flu! :rolleyes: I always have to convince him to not go to work and throw up all over the computer.

8. shorty'smom

shorty'smom Well-Known Member

mine knows too much. He wouldn't go for it. But that was a good one.

My guy "doesn't get sick", he must be strange. If he asks to see the doctor you'd better take him to the emergency room, because his appendix is about to burst or something. Then he'll be out splitting wood the day after he comes home from the hospital.

He comes by it honostly though. A little old guy at church who worked for his grandad. Said the grandad never knew a day's work in his life,because he'd work all day and then turn around and work all night. That's my guy. I need him to have his down time, so he'll let me have some too. I like it when he goes to his off the farm job, so I can get some rest. I have to rest from his weekends off because I'm his helper, gal friday and tool pusher. I TOLD him we were going to need more sons. LOL

9. Rosarybeads

Rosarybeads Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, are you talking about my hubby or yours? Hubby never got sick til he had kids. :D Still, my daughter and I will be throwing up every 30 minutes, for 9 hours straight, and he will throw up maybe twice. :waa:

10. shorty'smom

shorty'smom Well-Known Member

This one is mine and has been for almost 27 years. Glad you've got one too (though you'd better take vitamins) We only managed one son and he's gone off in the army to learn how to be a mechanic and fix diesel engines. He's planning to be back to work on tractors when his hitch is up. We had 2 daughters too, but they never wanted to learn to drive the tractor and were scared of cattle. One of them faints at blood. One is off in the wild blue (who knows where, I don't) and one is in business school. That one would like to do homesteading, but she's leaning toward a bed and breakfast thing right now. I can imagine her milking goats. She watches mine, and pets the babies. I'll have to teach her how to feed them and milk them so I can take a vacation someday. (btw...she inherited her father's work ethic and personality. I don't know which I can deal with better, her or the one off in the wild blue who is like me) It'd be nice if the near one learned to push tools and carry one side of a 100 pound bale of barbed wire down the fenceline. But then, she's got her own life to manage now. Too late. Guess I'll just have to do.