Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to rearrange furniture this afternoon while hubby is at work. He HATES when I do that, but it's the only way I can get all the floors clean. Plus, with his 10 dogs in the house I need to rearrange for maximum space.

He also thinks I shouldn't do stuff like that because of my health problems. I'm always telling him that, unlike his way of doing things, I do things the easy way! I slip old towels under the feet of furniture and slide it across the floor instead of lifting and tugging.

Oh, I'm gonna be in trouble tonight! :nono: :p

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
That sounds just like my mom! She is forever rearranging things... you never know where things are going to be! Many times she'll be up late,can't sleep, and rearranges the furniture. My step-dad will wake up & wonder what the heck happened in the night! :p

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Be very careful. The last time I did that I injured a disc and was in pain for 2.5 years. Not fun.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just did the same thing last week. DH and DS are still grumbling. As long as I don't touch DH's "chair". I don't know why it matters to him anyway. I don't think I can remember the last time he sat on another piece of furniture..

MEN!!

Don't overdo, or you won't hear the end of it!

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
Oh my, there's a copy of my wife!!!!!!!!! DW loves to rearrange though, with our house layout, she doesn't get to change things too much. Don't overdo it!!

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Ah..........10 dogs? In the house? Tell him if he kept his dogs outside, you wouldn't have to clean and move furniture that often.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That doesn't work FiddleKat. I've tried it and he said it was fine with him if I never cleaned again as long as he had his best buddies in the house!

I'm going slowly as I have two ruptured disks in my lower back.

T

·
0 Posts
Kstornado11 said:
That sounds just like my mom! She is forever rearranging things... you never know where things are going to be! Many times she'll be up late,can't sleep, and rearranges the furniture. My step-dad will wake up & wonder what the heck happened in the night! :p
That's how I taught my DH to turn a light on before he enters a room! :p

We now have a truce. I can't rearrange furniture in the night and he can't shave off his beard in the night.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
morrowsmowers said:
Just greet him at the door wearing nothing but a smile and holding a cold drink. He'll be to distracted to even notice if he has furniture, let alone its placement!

Ken in Glassboro, NJ :)
He'd probably keel over from a heart attack!

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
My wife does this every couple of months. I don't get mad about it, but it does bug me when the bed ends up in a sunny window (I work nights, sleep days), or the TV ends up in a spot with a huge glare on the screen.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldn't dare move the TV, bed or his computer desk! He has his computer desk positioned so he can see the TV. The bed only fits on one wall and is way to heavy to move anyway!

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Don't say anything about cleaning.

And don't say honney how's the house look after I cleaned today.

Women just have to know that the husband notices there work.

Be quite even if it's about to kill you to get him to notice,
and hear him say it looks good.

I said hush ... he many never notice, and you off the hook.

bumpus

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Well least you don't do like my DW did one time.I was setting here,she comes in with the Chainsaw :confused: What you going to do dear? Going to take out a wall.Kid you not she took the wall out :eek:

She moved the Bed one time without telling me.I woke up the next morning on the floor :help:

big rockpile

·
Thats MR. Redneck to you
829 Posts
10 dogs!!??!! hope they are all small ones! WOW I thought 3 cats inside made my wife a nut!
He has to understand that there is no way to clean with out moving stuff around. Problem,, well lets move 7 of them outside and I would not have to move so much furniture to clean up after them and everyone else!
Good luck~

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Let's see...one is an Irish Wolfhound mix that tops 100 lbs..

One is an 80 lb. Black Lab.

One is a 76 lb. Black Lab mix.

One is a 60 lb. Collie mix and her sister is 55 lbs.

One is a 60 lb. Catahoula.

One is a 48 lb. pitbull mix.

One is a 35 lb. Chow/Irish Setter mix (not full grown).

Two are half Siberian Huskey puppies (not completely housebroke yet).

ALL of them live in the house and the four older girls (Catahoula, Collies and Chow) sleep in the bed with us.

Oh yes, I have three cats who never go outside and four who are indoor/outdoor cats.

Cleaning house is a never-ending job for me. Fortunately, we built this house to be animal friendly.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts