Homesteading Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
As to the old threads, I sometimes start to read them and see people I haven't seen in a long time and get excited they are back, then I notice the dates......

·
Registered
33,495 Posts
HT is like a church that has had a few separatist events

Reactions: lastfling

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I think part of the problem is that General Chat has become the go place for social issue, and the other areas seem to be very civil, and purposeful. You can in no way judge the discourse of the whole of HT by GC.

Too many people choose not to go to the more private area, but instead air their social and political opinions in GC, and then we get what we get.
More folks are in here because in the Cattle, Pig, Horse, Chicken, Rabbit forums has gone way down in posts. Been in the animal forum for 15 plus years and those forums just don't have many posts anymore. So here i am in GC. I do check the animal forums about once a day and most time nothing new. We have a Pig forum for Missouri and a lot of pig and other posts there about pigs etc. in Missouri. I trade in 4 - 5 different states for stock. I do sale some of my Pork to a retailer in N.Y.C. Almost all my lumber sales local.

·
STILL not Alice
20,203 Posts
At one time, I practically lived on HT. I absolutely DETEST the new platform, and will not post again.
Bummer, Loretta! I just started hanging out again.

But the new format is pretty sucky.

Reactions: 101pigs

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
"... thanks for all the fish ..."

... the world is not ending, and I'm not leaving (this forum)!

I love forums in general, and I have one or more that I pay attention to for just about every homestead function I am working with. Many useful groups on HT ... why HT doesn't pay some of the long-time folks to keep posting is beyond me.

All of your advice tends to make me look like I know what I'm doing around the homestead ... thanks!

I do not have a facebook acct ... somewhat particular about my data being stolen.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I was thinking the same thing , they could pay buy the post ?
I’ve been reading here for a long time and never posted before , I just started posting to try to keep the forum active , not that I have mush to say but what ever ?

61 - 66 of 66 Posts