Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
If all followed the advice “ not crap in the sandbox” we would be better and healthier for it. I minimize my time here because crap is always flying. Treat your neighbors better, I’m sure your mother taught you that. If she didn’t, hopefully you could learn from example.

·
Registered
33,555 Posts
If all followed the advice “ not crap in the sandbox” we would be better and healthier for it. I minimize my time here because crap is always flying. Treat your neighbors better, I’m sure your mother taught you that. If she didn’t, hopefully you could learn from example.
I think part of the problem is that General Chat has become the go place for social issue, and the other areas seem to be very civil, and purposeful. You can in no way judge the discourse of the whole of HT by GC.

Too many people choose not to go to the more private area, but instead air their social and political opinions in GC, and then we get what we get.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Some of the folks have passed away in the last few months, too.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Some of the folks have passed away in the last few months, too.
And there are few new/regular members to replace the ones that have passed on. And those that come ask a few questions then disappear often without a thank you.

The new format recommending threads from years ago over current ones doesn't help.

The rudeness and vitriol (blame whichever side you want) destroys any feeling of community that existed even if it was heated back in the day, that is now dead. I have been told more times than I can recall by several members (of course without moderator intervention) that my opinion wasn’t valued and had no business posting here because I am Canadian....

The site owners would be wiser if they payed more attention to what is killing this site.

At least the search function ‘sort of’ works.

·
Registered
635 Posts
And there are few new/regular members to replace the ones that have passed on. And those that come ask a few questions then disappear often without a thank you.

The new format recommending threads from years ago over current ones doesn't help.

The rudeness and vitriol (blame whichever side you want) destroys any feeling of community that existed even if it was heated back in the day, that is now dead. I have been told more times than I can recall by several members (of course without moderator intervention) that my opinion wasn’t valued and had no business posting here because I am Canadian....

The site owners would be wiser if they payed more attention to what is killing this site.

At least the search function ‘sort of’ works.
Hits the nail on the head. We should be a community that assists each other. Yet, I tend to see plenty of rock chuckers and poop slingers, this applies to many. All should be welcome. Can’t help them, then keep your opinion to yourself.

·
Registered
11,785 Posts
Reactions: JeffreyD

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not gonna happen - it's big business now.
The site owners run hundreds of sites. It is part of their bread and butter and they need people using the sites. I think they will have to address the problems or there will be a bunch of people out of jobs.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Seasonal..no biggy. See it some on other sites..not so on others..Our neighborhood nextdoor.com

site is doing well. A miniature craigs list...:)

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Even the non-homesteading sites I'm on are slower this time of year. Just the way it is.

Reactions: Gayle in KY
1 - 20 of 66 Posts