Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
In Remembrance
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tying to add an add-on usb keyboard, doesn't recognize it. Other USB devices work (mouse, printer). Tried known good KB's, still doesn't work. Windows 7...not sure where to go next.

T

·
0 Posts
Try a different brand of keyboard. There is a known issue with the Microsoft and Logitech keyboards... They're made by the same folks, if I recall correctly. Let me go find the info on it.

T

·
0 Posts
My error, the Dell and Logitech are the same. Try a MicroSoft keyboard.

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
I have used Logitech keyboards and wireless mice on not only H-P but also Dells which I used for 8 years without a bit of trouble, and now even Logitech has a nice matched pair of wireless keyboards and mouse combos that work with Macs. Been using one now for over 5 years on this iMac. Love Logitech Products in fact even my 2.1 computer stereo speakers are by Logitech. LOL

·
Dallas
13,851 Posts
First: try putting the keyboard into a different port (you may have a bad port)try the one the mouse works in since you know that is a good one.
if that does not work:
Did you get a cd with the keyboard? if so load it, if not then download the keyboard drivers from the mfg website.
Its strange but not unheard of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts