Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang! Really glad I came across this site this morning at like 4am when I couldn't sleep..lol...Let's see, I'm 39yrs old, married with two step kids and me and the wife are expecting our first child together in April. I'm a huge sports fan,country music fan and avid history and antique tractor fan. I grew up on the farm when I was a kid but that was a few moons ago and me and the wife are going to be starting our own small farm next Spring. Look forward to being active and getting to know everyone! :kung:

Reactions: Jo

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Terre Haute area

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome. We are south of you in the Hoosier state.
Did you get to go to the White River Valley Antique Tractor extravaganza this past weekend? Acres of antique tractors and flea market and old-time demos, it's always the weekend after Labor Day in Daviess County (about an hour south of TH). A good dose of farm life and just plain fun to go, hundreds attend daily (Thurs-Sun).
Best wishes on the future home in the country :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome. We are south of you in the Hoosier state.
Did you get to go to the White River Valley Antique Tractor extravaganza this past weekend? Acres of antique tractors and flea market and old-time demos, it's always the weekend after Labor Day in Daviess County (about an hour south of TH). A good dose of farm life and just plain fun to go, hundreds attend daily (Thurs-Sun).
Best wishes on the future home in the country :)
Howdy! Sure did, we were there 2 days and have been going for as long as I can remember..lol..Love it down in the Elnora/Odon/Montgomery area! Where abouts you located?

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Welcome to the site. You're bound to find a good many things to spend time reading and commenting on.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep been here a day and already hooked and had to become a supporter!

Reactions: AngieM2

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Hi Desperado,
Just in case you haven't seen it, Phil V is hosting a gathering at Chain O'Lakes State Park on Sunday, 9/21. It's a bit of a drive from Terre Haute, but would be a good opportunity to get to know a small group of members.
Phil chooses a shelter that is close to the beach just in case it is warm again :), we pass the hat to cover the shelter. I hope you and your family can make it, we would love to meet you.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Hi Desperado,
Just in case you haven't seen it, Phil V is hosting a gathering at Chain O'Lakes State Park on Sunday, 9/21. It's a bit of a drive from Terre Haute, but would be a good opportunity to get to know a small group of members.
Phil chooses a shelter that is close to the beach just in case it is warm again :), we pass the hat to cover the shelter. I hope you and your family can make it, we would love to meet you.
Marilyn.

I did not know about the hat and will make it up. Thanks.

Hi Desperado.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reactions: Dixie Bee Acres

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Bret,
Are you and your wife planning to come on the 21st? I hope so.

One change over last year, I think I'll throw an extra jacket in the car this time! Looking forward to some quiet time away from all reminders of unfinished projects :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts