Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a new rifle and would like to get a 22-250 heavy barrel. I have looked at many of them and I like the way that the Howa brand feels. I just don't know much about them except that the used to make Vanguards for Winchester. I have never shot a Howa of any sort and do not know how well they perform. I was hoping all of you could provide some input, facts, and personal opinions on the matter.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
they made vanguards for weatherby while Roy was still alive and he was willing to put his name on them. OTH his Mark series were browning products from belgium. don't know if this really helps but it does add a little perspective.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a Howa 1500 .308 with the thumbhole stock. Talk about a GREAT shooter. The price on the Howa is right on also!! I have alot of confidence in this rifle and caliber. I would purchase another Howa if the oppotunity presents itself.
seems to be a real sleeper in the bolt rifle industry!
Jeff

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I got a Howa action and barreled it and used it daily for several years. It makes a fine rifle. I think they were also sold as S&W when they did rifles, and probably other brands.

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,655 Posts
Howa has also made rifles for Browning. It should be a fine gun

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Had a Howa made shotgun, one of the biggest mistakes I ever made was trading it off. Worked great and fit and finish were very good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys. I would have bought the Howa but yesterday I got offered a great deal on a second hand Remington heavy barrel .22-250 that I shot before. I really liked this gun and it has a nice scope on it. Getting it all for $400. I feel its is a good deal. :dance:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts