How???

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Karin L, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Karin L

Karin L Bovine and Range Nerd

How do I post pics on here? I've been searching high and low, and can't find anything that gives me a heads up on the how-tos of pic-posting...

Thanks in advance

2. harrisjnet

harrisjnet Okie with Attitude

Karen L,
    You will need to upload your pictures to a picture hosting site. I use photobucket.
    http://photobucket.com/
    It was recomended when I had the same question You've asked.
    After you get your picture on the site, there are tags at the bottom. On the forum post you will see mountains in a yellow window. Click on it and a little page comes up. Copy the tag from your picture to that little empty line and click OK. Your picture will either be displayed or have a link to it depending on which tag you copied. IMG tag displays the pic here for all to see.
    Hope this helps.

3. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

Hit reply. See the control panel that starts with B for bold, I for italic, and so on? Follow over to the center where there's a yellow square with a mountain and sun. Click on that. A box will pop up. Type in the url of the picture you want to insert. Click ok.

Or - open the image tag with [​IMG]

Click on ok. You can preview your post to be sure the picture is there.

4. Karin L

Karin L Bovine and Range Nerd

Thanks, I think that'll help.

5. MELOC

MELOC Master Of My Domain

when using photobucket, i just copy the img tag and paste it directly in my posting.

remember to resize your pics before uploading to a host so that they do not enlarge the viewing area of the board you are on making folks scroll side to side to view it all.

oh yeah, i also use cntl+n to open a new browser window. i can then have my photobucket and this site open at the same time. it makes finding the right pics easier.